• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Neurodeac

Reaction score
Couldn't find the previous thread. I have dish. I went to the web site and here is how the chat function went:

Me: "Will dish have the ACC network? When?"

DISH: "We'd be sad to see you go, but I can offer you the following options. Which would you like to do?"

Doesn't seem promising :wtf:. I am on hold to try to talk to a real person.

I was looking at my DirectTV Now account on-line and responded to a chat session. I asked about ACC Nework and was told they should have negotiated it in about a week. Questionable, but is what this person said.

I was looking at my DirectTV Now account on-line and responded to a chat session. I asked about ACC Nework and was told they should have negotiated it in about a week. Questionable, but is what this person said.

UVerse is the same lineup as that so hopefully that is true. Looking like no hope for RedZone or NFL Network though.

The live person had no clue of course but said that they would provide feedback to the executives.

UVerse is the same lineup as that so hopefully that is true. Looking like no hope for RedZone or NFL Network though.

I chatted with the Uverse rep last week and was told they're still negotiating with both ACC and NFL Networks, but no timetable. Same rep also said that DirecTV would have ACC Network.

Yeah, If I don't hear something soon, I'll be switching to Direct TV (Free NFL Sunday ticket for a year would be nice) or my local provider who have announced they will have the ACC network.

I would imagine if your network has Big 10 and SEC Networks, then they will have the ACC Network.

Last edited:
Comcast subscriber here, and they haven't reached an agreement yet. The good news is that Wake only has one of it's first three games on the ACC Network. I figure that if Comcast doesn't reach an agreement by the Utah State game, I will do the free 7 day trial of Hulu Live. Then it will be wait and see what networks the latter games are on and if Comcast starts carrying the ACC Network.

Here is an article from today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on which providers are carrying the ACCN and which ones are still negotiating:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2019/08/19/ACC-Network-how-to-watch-pitt-football-virginia-clemson-miami/stories/201908190014

BTW, as part of the ACCN, each school will have a production facility (studio) on campus. Curious as to where WF's will be located.

I remember seeing information about it during a watch espn broadcast last year, I think. It’s a building along the first base side of the baseball field.

"'When we took a look at our league and what we would see in the future back in the early 2000s, we felt like, A) we had to get bigger from a footprint standpoint and the number of television sets in our footprint, and B) we had to improve ourselves football-wise collectively, and we needed to do that without in any way damaging the traditional aspect of our league in men’s basketball,' Mr. Swofford said."

Oh well. Two out of three ain't bad.

"'When we took a look at our league and what we would see in the future back in the early 2000s, we felt like, A) we had to get bigger from a footprint standpoint and the number of television sets in our footprint, and B) we had to improve ourselves football-wise collectively, and we needed to do that without in any way damaging the traditional aspect of our league in men’s basketball,' Mr. Swofford said."

Will be interesting to see if Clemson can maintain a 1990s FSU like stranglehold over the conference. Certainly headed in that direction

Will be interesting to see if Clemson can maintain a 1990s FSU like stranglehold over the conference. Certainly headed in that direction

It seems like they're doing that, but in 10 years Dabo has only gone undefeated in conference twice. FSU went undefeated 7 of their first 10 years in the ACC. Clemson has been helped by the CFP.

Granted every year they've made it they've been a top two seed and they've already won as many titles as '90s FSU did

More like one out of three.

Early season ACC Network lineup:

8/29 Ga Tech @ Clemson
8/30 Utah State @ Wake Forest
8/31 ECU @ NC State
8/31 Va Tech @ BC
8/31 UVA @ Pitt

9/6 William & Mary @ UVA
9/7 Ohio @ Pitt
9/7 WCU @ NC State (Extra)
9/7 USF @ Ga Tech
9/7 Richmond @ BC (Extra)
9/7 UL Monroe @ FSU
9/7 NC A&T @ Duke (Extra)
9/7 EKU @ Louisville (Extra)
9/7 Miami @ UNC-CH

9/13 Kansas @ BC
9/14 Furman @ Va Tech
9/14 Citadel @ Ga Tech (Extra)
9/14 Bethune-Cookman @ Miami
9/14 FSU @ UVA

Looks like every ACC team except Syracuse will be featured in the first three weeks. It also seems like games which migh have previously been on ESPNU or ESPN2 are now on ACC Network. A fair number of games that don't deserve to be watched also.

Last edited:
Back