• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Popeyes chicken tenders are garbage. The chicken is all processed and kind of shredded and weird. Definitely the preferred chicken strips of tubes everywhere. Not sure about there sandwiches but I’m expecting the same kind of fake processed chicken.

Agree the tenders suck. Sandwich is fucking banging tho.

These are terrible, terrible takes.

well i am going to try to track one of these down today after reading all of this.

At least people are finally admitting that Chick-fil-a is fried chicken instead of some kind of healthy fast food option.

charlotte peeps let's all descend on the sardis rd n location today for lunch

Same with LA. There's a spot down the street from me that's been open two years and it still has 2 hour long lines every fucking day all fucking day.

Damn, Austin needs to step up it's fried chicken sandwich game. The only place we have outside of Chick-fil-a and I guess Popeyes is this place called Flyrite, and Flyrite might be the worst fried chicken I have ever had. Anywhere.

These are terrible, terrible takes.

You like processed chicken designed and manufactured for hayseed rubes and toothless rednecks to wash down with their yellow soda. Hell it's already halfway chewed by the time they fry it so they don't even need to put their poorly fitting dentures back in.

You have the taste of a peasant.

You like processed chicken designed and manufactured for hayseed rubes and toothless rednecks to wash down with their yellow soda. Hell it's already halfway chewed by the time they fry it so they don't even need to put their poorly fitting dentures back in.

You have the taste of a peasant.

well, i guess it really is true what they say about blind squirrels

Sam's Club is riding coattails with their knock-offs.

fries-and-sandwich-2-e1565364492683-750x500.jpeg

The closest Popeyes to me is sold out of sandwiches for the day.

I'm not sure why TA left this baby out of the poll:

B5EZR56VZ42OJLOCJ6LP66MANQ.jpg

These new sandwiches are actually pretty darn good, definitely the best option at a Popeye's, should you find yourself at a highway exit where you have no choice but Popeye's or the Shell station's hot dogs.

The best thing I can say is they're meaty. Sometimes a CFA #1 just doesn't provide quite enough protein and I have to supplement with grilled nuggets. Not for Popeye's. I can't find nutritional info atm, but it has to be at least 40g of 'tein. A sandwich is enough to satisfy an appetite without sides.

On to the qualitative assessment:
The classic was ok, but bland enough that my first couple of bites made me wonder if I got a filet-o-fish (whatever they call it) by mistake but no. Spicy though... that was indeed spicy and will be my choice when I'm at that exit in Emporia, VA where it's Popeye's or bust.

Excellent hype job for all involved - CFA, Popeye's even Wendy's and beyond, as this "debate" has taken an inordinate amount of the Twitterverse for the last few days and resulted in lines and shortages. If you're waiting in a 1 hour line for this, just wait a week, no one's going to care then.

Back