• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
was really hoping we could get more into the macros, deacHead

consider me disappointed

what was the after-action report, though

I'll need 24 hours before I can make a final assessment. So far so good.

was really hoping we could get more into the macros, deacHead

consider me disappointed

I tried, truly, but the nutritional breakdown of these sandwiches is nowhere to be found, least of all on the Popeye's website.

Roh K Charlotte Dad. The opinions of anyone that is "you" are also trash, because we've all read them.

Says the Georgia resident looking to The New Yorker to shape his opinions on fried chicken. Tomorrow I'll be excited to hear the Kansas City Kansan's take on where to find the best oysters.

Says the Georgia resident looking to The New Yorker to shape his opinions on fried chicken. Tomorrow I'll be excited to hear the Kansas City Kansan's take on where to find the best oysters.

giphy.gif

You like processed chicken designed and manufactured for hayseed rubes and toothless rednecks to wash down with their yellow soda. Hell it's already halfway chewed by the time they fry it so they don't even need to put their poorly fitting dentures back in.

You have the taste of a peasant.

Lol says the lowercase townie. Popeye's was Bourdain's fav BTW, he stopped at the one on the B Concourse everytime he flew thru ATL. There is no elevated fried chicken. Popeye's makes the best version in America, period.

Who said I was looking to a yankeeface carbetbagger turned completely and totally washed surburban Charlottttean for input on chicken?

Has anyone ever had Howlin' Rays? Apparently it is a Los Angeles collab with Sean Brock to culturally appropriate Nashville Hot Chicken, which is another whole thing altogether, but ppl love it.

28f276980404de50ba3ef7dc2d462e26.jpg

lol this was a funny thing that happened though

Lol says the lowercase townie. Popeye's was Bourdain's fav BTW, he stopped at the one on the B Concourse everytime he flew thru ATL. There is no elevated fried chicken. Popeye's makes the best version in America, period.

Yeah, but which does Guy Fieri prefer? Because we all know Fieri > Bourdain.

These new sandwiches are actually pretty darn good, definitely the best option at a Popeye's, should you find yourself at a highway exit where you have no choice but Popeye's or the Shell station's hot dogs.

The best thing I can say is they're meaty. Sometimes a CFA #1 just doesn't provide quite enough protein and I have to supplement with grilled nuggets. Not for Popeye's. I can't find nutritional info atm, but it has to be at least 40g of 'tein. A sandwich is enough to satisfy an appetite without sides.

On to the qualitative assessment:
The classic was ok, but bland enough that my first couple of bites made me wonder if I got a filet-o-fish (whatever they call it) by mistake but no. Spicy though... that was indeed spicy and will be my choice when I'm at that exit in Emporia, VA where it's Popeye's or bust.

Excellent hype job for all involved - CFA, Popeye's even Wendy's and beyond, as this "debate" has taken an inordinate amount of the Twitterverse for the last few days and resulted in lines and shortages. If you're waiting in a 1 hour line for this, just wait a week, no one's going to care then.

that's one annoying thing about CFA -- sometimes you'll get a sandwich where the chicken is huge and really juts out from under the bun but other times the bun covers the whole thing. get some quality control!

that's one annoying thing about CFA -- sometimes you'll get a sandwich where the chicken is huge and really juts out from under the bun but other times the bun covers the whole thing. get some quality control!

Pretty sure that's covered in you having a blessed day.

The Clairmont location was where I gots mine. No line then, apparently the secret is out.

The 'popeyes sandwich' search on twitter is just gold rn

Last edited:
Back