• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same with LA. There's a spot down the street from me that's been open two years and it still has 2 hour long lines every fucking day all fucking day.

Has anyone ever had Howlin' Rays? Apparently it is a Los Angeles collab with Sean Brock to culturally appropriate Nashville Hot Chicken, which is another whole thing altogether, but ppl love it.

28f276980404de50ba3ef7dc2d462e26.jpg

This is the place I was referring to. It's a block away from my house with a line of over 100 people at all times. I can't handle spicy food, but the plain chicken was the juiciest chicken I've ever eaten.

I got one on Roswell Road in ATL a few weeks ago. No line. I was a rookie though and asked for the spicy with no mayo. The lady at the other end of the drive thru laughed at me and said "honey son, the mayo is what makes it spicy." I just got the mayo on the side. Damn fine sandwich tho. Smacks chic fil in the nuts.

I drove past the North Tryon Street location today around 1:00. Line out onto the street and about 25 cars in the drive-thru coming in from the front and the back of the property.

I got one on Roswell Road in ATL a few weeks ago. No line. I was a rookie though and asked for the spicy with no mayo. The lady at the other end of the drive thru laughed at me and said "honey son, the mayo is what makes it spicy." I just got the mayo on the side. Damn fine sandwich tho. Smacks chic fil in the nuts.

They've got to be feeling like they're selling crack at this point. I hope Popeye's is throwing a little something extra in the paychecks.

They've got to be feeling like they're selling crack at this point. I hope Popeye's is throwing a little something extra in the paychecks.

LOL. Popeyes is owned by a QSR holding company.

Do crack dealers give bonuses to kids dealing on the corner ?

Warren Buffet holds like 3% of it or something.

The line was outside the door at the Popeye's in Greensboro at 1:40 and the drive thru was backed up into the street. There were unhappy people everywhere, including the employees. I'm sure it's a good sandwich but no way am I standing in a long line for it. Let the hype die down. I drove across the street. Experienced the unparalleled drive thru at CFA. Six employees working outside with smiles on their faces. The drive thru alone was worth the trip.

The line was outside the door at the Popeye's in Greensboro at 1:40 and the drive thru was backed up into the street. There were unhappy people everywhere, including the employees. I'm sure it's a good sandwich but no way am I standing in a long line for it. Let the hype die down. I drove across the street. Experienced the unparalleled drive thru at CFA. Six employees working outside with smiles on their faces. The drive thru alone was worth the trip.

Ordering from your desk via the mobile app, pulling into the curbside pickup space, then leaving 30 seconds later is unrivaled.

Went to Earl's for lunch. Had the Hot Winston sandwich. Very good. Above all sandwiches mentioned above

If you ever find yourself in downtown Raleigh, which is a wonderful place to be, I highly recommend the hot chicken sandwich at Beasleys. It's the Nashville style, on homemade buttermilk bread, with great pickles. The spice comes from a Carolina Reaper hot oil. Be warned, it's inconsistently hot. It's caused everything from mild discomfort to tears. But my god is it delicious.

Since I live in Nashville, I got to say they are all over here. Every single restaurant I bet, in their own way. It’s sort or boring and if you get from the source and know the story, it’s a prince’s or bust...but fucking hot as shit!

You are definitely stealing joy for today at tomorrow’s expense.

Lines are backed out to the street at every single chick-fil-a every day, every week. In five minutes your through the line with your chicken sandwich and a my pleasure. A tier above.

Could go on the Tunnels, could go here. I'll put it here.

Back