• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally tried them. Had a classic and most of a spicy. They're very good, on par with Chick-Fil-A but very different.

The combination of opening the first free-standing Popeye's in Winston and the chicken sandwich has the corner of North Point and University in chaos. I've probably driven by 5 times since Friday, and there have been lines out the door, cars parked on University, and the right lane of NP backed up over a dozen cars. I'm not going to be able to try the deliciousness unil either a weekend or night when I have time to kill.

Roy Wood, Jr. is a chicken sandwich savant. This thread made me do laffs.

Last edited:
The combination of opening the first free-standing Popeye's in Winston and the chicken sandwich has the corner of North Point and University in chaos. I've probably driven by 5 times since Friday, and there have been lines out the door, cars parked on University, and the right lane of NP backed up over a dozen cars. I'm not going to be able to try the deliciousness unil either a weekend or night when I have time to kill.

Kills me that people would wait in those kinds of lines for Popeyes...

I did a 2 and half hour livestream from the opening. You would think they were giving them away. I ate G-d's Chicken number 1 for lunch.

"Free-standing"? isn't it the first Popeye's in WS period?

How much of this chicken sandwich hysteria is built off the back of folks who just want to stick it to CFA because of their politics? Is the sandwich really all that good, or are people hyping it to cut into CFA's market?

Yeah, I'm sure the management team and franchisees at Popeyes Lousiana Kitchen are an enlightened bunch, active in LGBTQ politics.

How much of this chicken sandwich hysteria is built off the back of folks who just want to stick it to CFA because of their politics? Is the sandwich really all that good, or are people hyping it to cut into CFA's market?

It’s very good. The spicy Popeyes is as good as a regular Chick-Fil-A sandwich. Worth the hype but not all the crazy attention. But who knows why any one thing captures a particular moment?

If one just wanted to stick it to CFA, there were plenty of other chicken sandwiches to use for that platform long before Popeye's launched theirs (see the Roy Wood, Jr. videos above for a listing). CFA was a willing participant from day 1 in this "feud" (see Twitter).

Chik-Fil-A's business sure as heck doesn't seem to be suffering, based on cars waiting on major roads to get into their parking lot at 2pm.

I've noticed that the MAGA folks on my facebook feed love to post articles from Breitbart about fights breaking out at Popeye's.

Well I did just go to the local Popeye's to try the spicy chicken sandwich (pretty strong, needed a little bit more of the sauce) and found out they have closed the lobby and only are doing business via the drive through, which was something I wasn't expecting

Back