• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've noticed that the MAGA folks on my facebook feed love to post articles from Breitbart about fights breaking out at Popeye's.

They can get an early start on their “look at those black poors” Black Friday posts.

Heading out to Popeye's- got to check out what all this is about.

Getting a spicy chicken sandwich, of course. What's this about a mild sandwich at Popeye's??

Saw the headline that CFA is going to stop donating to anti-LGBTQ organizations. Read further to see which ones they were: Fellowship of Christian Athletes (could see that one) and the Salvation Army.

CFA has been getting boycotted for donating to those groups?

Saw the headline that CFA is going to stop donating to anti-LGBTQ organizations. Read further to see which ones they were: Fellowship of Christian Athletes (could see that one) and the Salvation Army.

CFA has been getting boycotted for donating to those groups?

Yeah, I admittedly have not pored over their tax returns, but I was aware that FCA and Salvation Army were ones that were being credited for being 'anti gay'. FCA is like a throwaway HS club for your college resume. I am pretty sure I was in it? but it was so non-memorable that I cant be sure. There might have been a service project or something or collecting money for charity at HS games, but there certainly wasn't any ideology at my chapter, which was at a private, Episcopalian school BTW. And the Salvation Army? I'm sure just like everything else involving religion, some zealots somewhere have co-opted those aforementioned brands for awfulness, but they seem pretty harmless to me.

You would think based on reactions that their foundation sponsored a gay reprogramming internment camp south of the ATL airport or something.

They were at one time donating to Focus on the Family. Or maybe that was the foundation, IDK. But that's the one I remember causing the initial outroar.

Salvation Army has a history of turning away trans ppl at their centers and has lobbied for “traditional marriage” laws. They aren’t great.

They were at one time donating to Focus on the Family. Or maybe that was the foundation, IDK. But that's the one I remember causing the initial outroar.

That makes a little more sense. Will Harris Teeter and the like catch shit for allowing the Salvation Army to set up a kettle and ring the bell at the front of their stores?

Back to fried chicken. Waited in line about 30-45 minutes for some Hattie B's in Nashville last month. That shit was good.

Was the first one in the restaurant this morning when the doors opened at 10:00 and had great service and out the door within 5 mins. That sandwich was really really good

Salvation Army has a history of turning away trans ppl at their centers and has lobbied for “traditional marriage” laws. They aren’t great.

Sure. I'm sure they've done a lot of good, too. Perfect is always the enemy of good.

The fact that they've announced publicly that they've stopped donating is good news, I guess. Now they can get back to trying to make a sammich better than Popeyes.

Yeah, I admittedly have not pored over their tax returns, but I was aware that FCA and Salvation Army were ones that were being credited for being 'anti gay'. FCA is like a throwaway HS club for your college resume. I am pretty sure I was in it? but it was so non-memorable that I cant be sure. There might have been a service project or something or collecting money for charity at HS games, but there certainly wasn't any ideology at my chapter, which was at a private, Episcopalian school BTW. And the Salvation Army? I'm sure just like everything else involving religion, some zealots somewhere have co-opted those aforementioned brands for awfulness, but they seem pretty harmless to me.

You would think based on reactions that their foundation sponsored a gay reprogramming internment camp south of the ATL airport or something.
Pretty much my reaction. Their donations were restricted to sending kids to summer camp to boot.

Had the sandwich that was promised today. Liked it thought it was better thanChick-fil-A's. Wouldn't wait an hour.

Was the first one in the restaurant this morning when the doors opened at 10:00 and had great service and out the door within 5 mins. That sandwich was really really good

What makes you fatter? Fast food chicken sandwich for late breakfast or fast food chicken sandwich for 10am lunch?

Drove past University/NPB at 4:30, and the drive thru looked manageable, but I couldn't stop. Back by at 6, and it was a clusterfuck again. Maybe by Christmas...

Wife brought home the sammiches for dinner last night. No lines reported at NW Greensboro location. I had the spicy version. Gets an A+ from me. Better than CFA or Wendy's. Their fries are not as good as CFA's delicious waffle fries however.

Back