• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair, this at least looks like employees fighting with each other, rather than customers fighting employees or each other over chicken sandwiches

One of my former coworkers' wife posted on fb today that they went to the NP/University location today and went inside and there wasn't too bad of a line. They waited less than 10 minutes to order, got their ticket, #66. The first number she noticed they called after that was 36. Everyone in the restaurant was sitting at an empty table waiting for food. Fuck. That.

One of my former coworkers' wife posted on fb today that they went to the NP/University location today and went inside and there wasn't too bad of a line. They waited less than 10 minutes to order, got their ticket, #66. The first number she noticed they called after that was 36. Everyone in the restaurant was sitting at an empty table waiting for food. Fuck. That.

What time of day?

Chick-fil-A Makes More Per Restaurant Than McDonald's, Starbucks and Subway Combined … and It's Closed on Sundays
https://www.entrepreneur.com/articl...HDDbzdfy6u4bc2E1_KH9kjGjbRlrTgW4STnjLnOL7BT6A

I can buy the second hypothesis - their customer service is miles ahead of other fast-food chains. As for points 1 and 3, I'm one of those heathens that curses them (and the ABC Store) for being closed on Sunday, and I was a social justice squire for a spell in the early Teens. They do so well because everything about the experience is SWPL.

That's a lot of fucking fried chicken. A good Bojangles' does about half that in annual sales.

That's a 2018 QSR report using 2017 sales, btw. The 2019 numbers (2018 data) are:

McD = $2768,730
Starbucks = $1,349,320
Subway = $420,000
Total = $4,538,050

CFA = $4,166,670 so that comparison doesn't hold true this year.

I don't have any idea how Starbucks increased from $945K to $1,349K per unit in one year, but they really ramped up franchise openings in 2018.

Bojangles did $1,741,060/unit and Popeys did $1,415,000/unit in 2018, pre-Popeyes chicken sandwich.

Geez, I've been wanting to go but the hell with that. It's a fuckin chicken sandwich, chickfila gets them out in 1 minute. What is going on with them

That's a lot of fucking fried chicken. A good Bojangles' does about half that in annual sales.

That's a 2018 QSR report using 2017 sales, btw. The 2019 numbers (2018 data) are:

McD = $2768,730
Starbucks = $1,349,320
Subway = $420,000
Total = $4,538,050

CFA = $4,166,670 so that comparison doesn't hold true this year.

I don't have any idea how Starbucks increased from $945K to $1,349K per unit in one year, but they really ramped up franchise openings in 2018.

Bojangles did $1,741,060/unit and Popeys did $1,415,000/unit in 2018, pre-Popeyes chicken sandwich.

wow incredible number thanks for this

Chick-fil-A doesn't call the people who run its restaurants "franchisees." Instead, they're called "operators," which helps signify their role in the company. According to AOL, and this is hugely important, "Operators do not own or receive any equity in their businesses. The company picks the restaurant's location, and then owns the restaurant. Franchisees cannot sell their locations or pass them on to the next generation. Nor can they open multiple locations, which can limit franchisees' potential profits."

https://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/307000

To be fair, this at least looks like employees fighting with each other, rather than customers fighting employees or each other over chicken sandwiches

That's the kind of effort that deserves $15/hr wages.

Seems like higher wages would lessen workplace tensions.

Eating my first at the Nashville Airport.

It’s good.

I’d have been hugely disappointed if I waited in any line.

I’d still go Chick-Fil-A Spicy Deluxe over this.

Glad to hear there’s no tension in high-wage workplaces.

Meh. Just get your TPS reports in on time. It’s ridiculous to pay people $8-9 an hour to deal with problems caused by corporate incompetence.

Chick-fil-A doesn't call the people who run its restaurants "franchisees." Instead, they're called "operators," which helps signify their role in the company. According to AOL, and this is hugely important, "Operators do not own or receive any equity in their businesses. The company picks the restaurant's location, and then owns the restaurant. Franchisees cannot sell their locations or pass them on to the next generation. Nor can they open multiple locations, which can limit franchisees' potential profits."

https://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/307000

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-4-04-54-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-4-05-24-PM.png

I have heard multiple times that people in the Triad can't afford $40 football tickets so I assume Mr. Rhodes is the only person who could pony up the franchise fee and therefore got two Chick-fil-As.

Back