• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not the poster I would expect to give a favorable review of a Popeye’s sandwich anyway.

Is the chicken seasoned and spicy on the Popeyes sandwich or is it the same chicken with spicy sauce added?

I'm just about to get home from work and don't feel like cooking.

There's a Popeye's just around the corner from my place and I've never once considered going there in my eight years living here. Tonight's the night!

I've never had Popeye's before. Sandwich was decent: chicken quality was excellent, but it definitely seemed like it had been sitting under a lamp for a while and it wasn't nearly as substantial as chicfila. Fries were actually solid.

May need to try again earlier in the day.

Drive-through had only two cars ahead of me, but I still ended up waiting more than twenty minutes all told. But that's typical of the fast food places on that strip. I've waited half an hour for food at a Whataburger when I was the only one there.

Finally was able to try the chicken sandwich via Uber Eats and was pretty disappointed. First of all I order a spicy chicken sandwich and received a regular chicken sandwich. So just a classic Popeyes always fucks your order situation, seen it before will see it a thousand times. So moving on from that the fried breading on the sandwich was like a quarter inch thick before you hit the chicken, not a big fan of that. Also the breading lacked any noticeable flavor, essentially tasted like a slice of crispy bread wrapped around the chicken breast. The breading also slid off the chicken breast so I was getting bites of only fired breading, and bites of only chicken breast. Very well could be I just got a shitty one because they lack consistency so I will give it another go.

On a positive note, the pickles they put on the sandwich were very good, way better than Chick-fil-a's limp wristed pickle action they come at you with. The fries and red beans and rice are always pure fire. Some of the best fast food side options, maybe outside of Bojangles.

Finally was able to try the chicken sandwich via Uber Eats and was pretty disappointed. First of all I order a spicy chicken sandwich and received a regular chicken sandwich. So just a classic Popeyes always fucks your order situation, seen it before will see it a thousand times. So moving on from that the fried breading on the sandwich was like a quarter inch thick before you hit the chicken, not a big fan of that. Also the breading lacked any noticeable flavor, essentially tasted like a slice of crispy bread wrapped around the chicken breast. The breading also slid off the chicken breast so I was getting bites of only fired breading, and bites of only chicken breast. Very well could be I just got a shitty one because they lack consistency so I will give it another go.

On a positive note, the pickles they put on the sandwich were very good, way better than Chick-fil-a's limp wristed pickle action they come at you with. The fries and red beans and rice are always pure fire. Some of the best fast food side options, maybe outside of Bojangles.

Agree on the red beans and rice. Is the gumbo worth ordering?

That's pretty good. Not quite this, but pretty good.

tenor.gif

I hit up the spicy version today. Unlike CFA and Wendy's, the spice is not in the breading. They just put the regular chicken on the bun and squirt spicy mayo on it. Not a fan of this execution. Half the bites have no spice at all, and the other half you get too much of that mayo stuff. Will be getting the non-spicy from here on out. Red beans and rice were solid.

Back