• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich is the Prince That Was Promised

Which Fast Food Chix Sammich Rules Them All?

• Spendy's Sad Spicy Chix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTwinAndreBen

3 stacks
Reaction score
Pick One Chicken Sammich to Rule them All

Just an FYI

a 10,000 word think piece in the NYorker has already been written about the New Popeye's Chix Sammich.

It's pretty fucking good. I split half a spicy and half a reg w a coworker, gotta say I prefer the reg. The spicy mayo on the spicy is too much. Popeye's workers are not much for special orders but I think the perfect combo would be the spicy sammich w the reg mayo instead of the spicy mayo may really be the Jon Snow True King.

Also, IN b4 all you Boj rubes start talking about biscuits. Boj does many good things but their caj filet sammich is basically trash.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/a...eyes-chicken-sandwich-is-here-to-save-america

Rosner-Popeyes-Primary.jpg

"For the last few days, my social-media feeds—which, most of the time, read like bleak, polyphonic litanies of the falling-apart world—have been overwhelmed instead by discourse about the sandwich. I’ve watched friends and strangers go through the stages of enlightenment: skepticism, curiosity, anticipation, capitulation, ecstasy. It was, specifically, the ecstasy of Nia-Raquelle Smith, a scholar and food writer in Brooklyn, that pushed me out the door and into my nearest Popeyes. “That Popeyes sandwich had me in my feelings. That’s probably the most emotion I’ve shown all year,” she tweeted, and went on to enumerate its additional virtues: “The chicken is perfectly fried! The breading isn’t falling off. You get crunch in every bite!” The bun is “a buttery cushion”; the sauce “takes it over the top. Is it healthy? NO! But dammit don’t it taste good. It’s truly a gift from the heavens.”

Last edited:
doesn't matter, they're already out of them by the time you want one, but popeyes >>>>

they're finally building one here by the airport. all this internet sammich talk has made me excited for its opening.

Yeah I had one a few weeks ago and it truly is a gamechanger.

Chicago has seen a fried chicken sandwich explosion the last couple years

Just saw that a local Popeye’s sold out of chicken sandwiches about an hour ago.

This is nuts. I may have to get one tomorrow.

Popeyes chicken tenders are garbage. The chicken is all processed and kind of shredded and weird. Definitely the preferred chicken strips of tubes everywhere. Not sure about there sandwiches but I’m expecting the same kind of fake processed chicken.

Same with LA. There's a spot down the street from me that's been open two years and it still has 2 hour long lines every fucking day all fucking day.

I read an article about 4 or 5 years ago that did a deep dive into the poultry industry and the fast casual burger industry. It predicted that fast casual chicken chains were going to be the next big thing.

The Federal Donuts chicken sandwich in Philly is the best I've had.

Also lets not pretend like the Chik Fil A sandwiches aren't banging. They are.

Back