• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All time All-ACC football team. Plack is first team punter.

John Henry Mills was a bad ass and Cam Serigne not exactly a slouch.

John Henry Mills (born October 31, 1969 in Jacksonville, Florida) was an American football running back, linebacker and tight end in the NFL for the Houston Oilers, Oakland Raiders and the Minnesota Vikings.[1] Mills was selected to the Pro Bowl after the 1996 season as a special teams captain. He played college football at Wake Forest University where he was an Alpha Sigma Phi. Mills is currently an outside linebacker coach for Clear Lake High School, in Houston, Texas. John Henry Mills was a four-year letterman at tight end under head coach Bill Dooley. Mills is Wake's all-time leading receiver among tight ends with 142 receptions for 1,652 yards. A three-time All-ACC first-team selection from 1990 through 1992, he finished third in the ACC in receptions in 1990 with 46 and led the league in 1991 with 51. Against Duke in 1990, he caught 12 passes for 230 yards, still the second-most receiving yards in a game in school history. Mills is also announced in the 2008 ACC Football Championship Game Legends Class. A fifth-round pick of the Houston Oilers in the 1993 NFL Draft, Mills played seven seasons in the NFL with Houston, Oakland and Minnesota. In 1996, while with the Oilers, he earned All-Pro honors as a special teams player.

Looks like John Henry's wiki needs updated as Cam had 174 catches for 2075.

Mills is Wake's all-time leading receiver among tight ends with 142 receptions for 1,652 yards.

Compare them to Alge Crumpler's numbers from a few years earlier. You all are forgetting that in the late 90s and early 00s, TEs were a blocking position except for players like Olsen or Winslow before him. Shockey only had 814 rec yards in two years at Miami and he was a first round pick. Come to think of it, one reason I may have liked Olsen was that I hated Shockey and Winslow.

Lamar Jackson has a great 2 year run (really one) but his team was not all that great, especially the 2017 team.

Isn't that a reason to elevate him, not lower him? He was absolutely phenomenal without a ton of help

If people want to make an argument for Jameis ahead of Jackson, that's fair. His rookie season was incredible and similar to what Lawrence did last year but for a full season.

Yeah, 25 balls a year used to be a lot for a college TE. Irv Smith caught 44 last year for Alabama. Hockerson caught 49 for Iowa. So Olsen catching 30 a year is kind of a lot.

Yeah, 25 balls a year used to be a lot for a college TE. Irv Smith caught 44 last year for Alabama. Hockerson caught 49 for Iowa. So Olsen catching 30 a year is kind of a lot.

that's fine but what you are really doing is bolstering the case for john henry mills to be 1st or 2nd team.

Chuck Ramsey was as good a punter as Plack.

During warm ups, I remember watching Ramsey kick from his own 30 and drop the ball on the far goal line......70 yards. Amazing hang time too. If I remember correctly, he was also a very good tennis player and high jumper.

During warm ups, I remember watching Ramsey kick from his own 30 and drop the ball on the far goal line......70 yards. Amazing hang time too. If I remember correctly, he was also a very good tennis player and high jumper.

Yep - "His versatility was a factor, too - and that dated back to his days at West when he played quarterback, high-jumped, kicked and was the No. 1 tennis player on his team. At Wake Forest, he played quarterback, receiver and place-kicked.

So when the Jets assigned Ramsey to their roster, they got more than a punter. He also was a backup place kicker and scout-team quarterback."

http://archive.knoxnews.com/sports/...ame-chuck-ramsey-ep-408086340-358635171.html/

Its unfortunate that Wake hasn't found more time in the broadcast booth for him. I thought he was good the few games he got to do.

It is the most Wake Forest thing ever that our one member of the 1st team is a punter - and the other player that people are arguing deserves accolades is another punter...

Heath Miller had much better numbers and more accolades than Olsen

Heath played QB in high school. You have to give Al Groh some credit for moving him to TE. I wonder who the "experts" would list as the top 25 head FB coaches in ACC history (not that Groh would be a candidate).

Back