• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Great discussion guys.

Minnesota QB Tanner Morgan still in concussion protocol from the end of the Iowa game. They just play Northwestern this week so the timing is good, but something to keep an eye on with Wisconsin coming up next week.

I’m talking about the coach who molested kids for years.

It was my point I was making. The Penn State QB got death threats for losing. All Penn State fans went fucking buts when their child molestor enabler coach was fired. They are unhinged.

Great discussion guys.

Minnesota QB Tanner Morgan still in concussion protocol from the end of the Iowa game. They just play Northwestern this week so the timing is good, but something to keep an eye on with Wisconsin coming up next week.

Nothing good gets discussed at 4 am

So is this threatened OSU fan boycott of Game Day in favor of Urban Meyer's pregame show due to perceived ESPN SEC bias really a thing?

Nothing good gets discussed at 4 am

Seriously. Ph and Barca both up at 1:30 AM and 4:40 AM arguing about Paterno/Sandusky ? And then Barca answers back again at 9:24 AM ?

I appreciate the dedication to the CFB thread guys, but get some sleep.

Seriously. Ph and Barca both up at 1:30 AM and 4:40 AM arguing about Paterno/Sandusky ? And then Barca answers back again at 9:24 AM ?

I appreciate the dedication to the CFB thread guys, but get some sleep.

does Barca have a newborn? That would explain that one. I did a lot of smartphone scrolling between 1 and 4 AM in the newborn days.

No I was out late, drunk, and got up at 4 to take a shit. No newborn yet, gotta wait for the adoption agency to come through...

So is this threatened OSU fan boycott of Game Day in favor of Urban Meyer's pregame show due to perceived ESPN SEC bias really a thing?

Seems like something you'll never get everyone to do so instead of looking like a boycott it'll just look like Ohio State fans didn't have a good showing. Whatever your feelings about ESPN, nobody watches Fox pregame and hosting Game Day is great exposure.

Dumb also because one of the Gameday hosts/ESPN’s lead color guy is a former OSU QB

dumb also because holy shit what kind of hillbilly ass face painter gives a fuck about ESPN bias

Dumb also because one of the Gameday hosts/ESPN’s lead color guy is a former OSU QB

Most OSU fans seem to think Herbie is an anti-homer and part of the SEC bias. The content of the Fox show is actually light years better than ESPN with Urban, Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Brady Quinn. I still typically watch Gameday though for the nostalgia factor.

I also think Joel Klatt and Gus Johnson are the best announcer combo in college football. I used to dislike Klatt for some reason, but now I think he's my favorite color guy out there. And I still love Gus' violent enthusiasm.

Herbie moved from Columbus to Nashville because Buckeye fans are the most ignorant obnoxious piece of shit people on the planet and he couldn't continue to subject himself and his family to them everyday. He'll probably be happier if they don't show up.

Still, there's no way this boycott works.

Thx, Biff. Certainly a lot of bad apples in the OSU fanbase, as with any big school. At least they aren't racists who chase off 5 star black QBs, though.

OSU has had plenty of Gameday games the past several years. I've been to a few. Just makes getting into the stadium more annoying. ESPN has had SEC bias for a long time, and also the SEC has been the best (or second best) football conference for a long time. I can't imagine watching Gameday every weekend, and their analysis is definitely second rate. Sometimes they'll get a cool guest like McConaughey though.

In my experience OSU fans are pretty dumb and bad, but still better than a lot of big state schools I've been to. They're only ever really mean to Michigan fans, and even then respectful and nice/fun to tailgate with. My extended family are mostly Michigan and Michigan State fans, and we regularly tailgate as a big group with my dad's lab of tOSU grad students and have a great time.

It’s so biased of ESPN to make Ohio State 2-12 against the SEC over the last 30 years and to make the last 2 Big Ten teams to make the playoff lose by a combined 69-0.

Back