• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Ohio State if they'd rather play Baylor or Alabama.

I think we should have BCS rankings, or something similar to them, decide an 8 team playoff. I trust a combination of literally hundreds of AP writers, coaches, and computers over 13 random ADs, former head coaches, professors (yep), and former generals (yep).

Ask Ohio State if they'd rather play Baylor or Alabama.

Biff,

Just accept that Bama is down this year. They played two ranked teams and lost both, giving up 46 and 48 in those games (they even gave up 28 to an A&M team that scored 10 against Clemson and 7 against LSU) . Their injury prone QB got hurt again, and their defense is soft. This is not the same Bama team that toyed with teams in the playoff era. Bama beat no one and lost to the good teams that they played.

I'm guess I"m the only one who watched the Alabama-LSU game this year and saw LSU play probably their best half of football in the first half and then saw Alabama outscore them 28-13 in the second half to lose by only 5 to the current #1 team in the nation.

Granted they had Tua that day and don't have him now, but the Crimson Tide Clan ain't nuttin' ta fuck wit'.

I'll add this here:

Alabama lands league-high 11 players on AP All-SEC football team
https://247sports.com/college/alaba...nnings-DeVonta-Smith-Jedrick-Wills-140178092/

The Associated Press announced its All-SEC football team on Monday, and Alabama was well-represented with five first-team selections and 11 overall All-SEC picks to lead all teams.

No. 1 LSU had four first-team selections and 10 overall picks.

Alabama’s first-team selections included cornerback Trevon Diggs, linebacker Anfernee Jennings, safety Xavier McKinney, wide receiver DeVonta Smith and offensive tackle Jedrick Wills. The Crimson Tide’s second-team picks were center Landon Dickerson, running back Najee Harris, wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood, quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and all-purpose player Jaylen Waddle.

Conversely I tried to stay awake watching Baylor plod down the field this season. It was typically like Georgia with a worse offense and worse defense.

Last edited:
I'm guess I"m the only one who watched the Alabama-LSU game this year and saw LSU play probably their best half of football in the first half and then saw Alabama outscore them 28-13 in the second half to lose by only 5 to the current #1 team in the nation.

Granted they had Tua that day and don't have him now, but the Crimson Tide Clan ain't nuttin' ta fuck wit'.

I'll add this here:

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...nnings-DeVonta-Smith-Jedrick-Wills-140178092/

Conversely I tried to stay awake watching Baylor plod down the field this season. It was typically like Georgia with a worse offense and worse defense.

I thought the same thing about Georgia. They play a lot like us, but a little worse on offense and a little worse on defense.

Should be an exciting 9-6 sugar bowl.

[/b]

I thought the same thing about Georgia. They play a lot like us, but a little worse on offense and a little worse on defense.

Should be an exciting 9-6 sugar bowl.

Enjoy yourself watching it. I'm headed out of the country and doubt I'll be able to watch without making some effort.

The 2019 College Football Thread ! 1. LSU 2. tOSU-lucky2beatWisc 3. Clemson !!!!!!!!!

I'll add this here:

You must have missed the LSU @ Texas game because it was pretty much the same thing. And Texas sucks.

Except when they play UGA in a bowl.

Last edited:
Is there a team in the country more over rated year in and year out than Georgia? LSU absolutely curb stomped them and, while LSU is really good offensively, I don't know if they can stop Clemson from scoring 40+ points
I'd say, ironically enough, Notre Dame.

I'll add this here:

So why would you want to see them potentially play again?

Meanwhile in Raleigh.

LSU -13 Oklahoma
Clemson -2.5 Ohio State

The LSU line opened some places under 10 and immediately jumped up a few points.

Not sure what to make of the Clemson/OSU line... In my mind, it's pretty much a pick 'em.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but this is pretty ridiculous what a former BC LB is stating Addazio and the program did (and tried to do) to him. Reprimanded him over the phone, banned him from a BC home game, and called his NFL team to try to get him cut, simply for responding to a friend's Facebook message that Addazio couldn't recruit (pretty much true).

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-football-linebacker-boston-college-nfl-falcons

Yeah, I think I posted that here or on the coaching thread when he got fired. Fucking snowflake.

Jeff Hafley (tOSU co-DC) to BC. Pretty big loss for the Buckeyes. Considered an ace recruiter and secondary coach. Only 40. Seems like a good hire for BC.

BC has traditionally recruited extensively in Ohio, including Luke Kuechly. That will only continue.

It would be interesting to see a map of recruiting territory for all P5 programs.

Back