• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
This is the real thread with real discussion. Sorry to The Reff.

Six teams have any real chance of being the champion.

Alabama
Clemson
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio State
Oklahoma

Feel free to discuss other college football stuff.

Florida will take care of Miami by the middle of the third quarter. The Gators figure to be improved this year with Franks in his second year in the Mullen offinse. Apparently Feleipe Franks is Cam Newton size now.

Danny Sheridan and Ric Flair have both picked the Dawgs to win the national championship on the Finebaum show.

I Predict that Clemson will go undefeated this season and coast into the CFB Playoff.

Should they lose a game there's no way they should get in. Their only real chances for a loss are at home against Texas A&M on 9/7 and at Syracuse on 9/14. I guess their game at NC State on 11/9 could be a challenge.

Texas A&M has Alabama at home on 10/12 and plays at Georgia this year on 11/23.

Vols pickup former Maryland starter Kasim Hall. Former #10 Pro Style QB Recruit in the nation. Will have three years of eligibility remaining.

I think the SEC East and SEC West are pretty even in overall competitiveness this year from top to bottom.

Georgia:Alabama
Florida:LSU
Kentucky:Texas A&M
Missouri:Auburn
Tennessee:Mississippi State
South Carolina:Ole Miss
Vanderbilt:Arkansas

Florida at LSU will tell us just how far the Gators have come.

Danny Sheridan and Ric Flair have both picked the Dawgs to win the national championship on the Finebaum show.

The Bear and Stanford Steve as well.

Man the Biff sads are gonna be epic when this all goes to shit

I Predict that Clemson will go undefeated this season and coast into the CFB Playoff.

Should they lose a game there's no way they should get in.

This is the type of statement that is ridiculous to make before the season even starts.

What if there are zero undefeated teams? Would Clemson still not deserve it then as a one-loss team?

Also, I think you can trim your initial post to the top 3 teams (Clemson, Bama, and UGA). However, I'd be somewhat surprised if the 4 playoff teams come entirely from that group of 6.

As a UF guy, I'm excited for the game against Miami tomorrow night. I think it'll either be a blowout (UF over Miami), or that Miami's defensive front really causes problems for the UF offense and Miami wins ugly (like most of their games 2 years ago).

I'm using tomorrow as a practice tailgate for next Friday. I plan to be blitzed after round 1 of this golf tournament and then propel that into a confident wager on the Gators -7. Gonna be a great day.

Clemson has a terrible schedule.

I'm not arguing otherwise.

Bama's schedule is similarly terrible... But they'll at least (in theory) have to play an actual game in the SEC Championship.

UGA, UF, LSU, A&M, and Auburn all have very difficult schedules... Potential for them to beat each other up.

I'm not arguing otherwise.

Bama's schedule is similarly terrible... But they'll at least (in theory) have to play an actual game in the SEC Championship.

UGA, UF, LSU, A&M, and Auburn all have very difficult schedules... Potential for them to beat each other up.

So who would you think belongs in the playoff? 11-1 Florida with a loss to Georgia or 12-1 Clemson with a loss to Syracuse or NC State ?

BTW, I don't see UF going 11-1 this year.

Also, don't forget Arizona v. Hawaii at 10:30 PM tomorrow. Should be a lot of offense.

So who would you think belongs in the playoff? 11-1 Florida with a loss to Georgia or 12-1 Clemson with a loss to Syracuse or NC State ?

BTW, I don't see UF going 11-1 this year.

Right. That's kind of my point. Nobody knows what is going to happen. The entire season is in front of us. I know this is a message board, but I don't get into these arguments over hypotheticals in August.

In your scenario, I don't know what has happened in the B1G, the Big 12, or the Pac 12 (or the rest of the SEC & ACC, for that matter).

I'm not a fan of Mark Packer, but I agree with him 100% when he says, "just enjoy the journey."

EClTSWTXUAEQslH

UVA is coming for the rest of the Coastal.

Back