• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing how Colin Cowherd goes on the air and asks questions that reveal how incredibly unprepared and unknowledgeable he actually is. WTF ?

Ouch. I've been convinced for awhile most of these yahoos don't know much more about sports than the rest of us.

Colin Cowherd has basically 3 big points:

Athletes want to play in big cities/college programs in warm climates
Quarterbacks should all act like Tom Brady (especially no backwards hat)
People love dynasties

Colin Cowherd has basically 3 big points:

Athletes want to play in big cities/college programs in warm climates
Quarterbacks should all act like Tom Brady (especially no backwards hat)
People love dynasties

You don't see many MLB or NFL top free agents taking their talents to South Beach.

Totally agree that Cowherd blabbers about the same themes.

Cowherd essentially punts on baseball except for an occasional take on the Yankees.

His NFL takes are mostly focused on the Patriots.

He's a blowhard with no substance.

sports writing is so far ahead of sports radio and TV these days

I don't even bother with the latter outside of live sports

I only watch live sports now, never listen to radio or watch analysis/opinion shows. used to watch PTI religiously in college and listened to ESPN radio a lot during my first job out of college, which involved lots of driving. not much since.

turned on the TV last night and it was on the ACCN from watching Sat night and they were interviewing Sage Surratt, so that's the most I've watched outside of live sports in years.

Totally agree that Cowherd blabbers about the same themes.

Cowherd essentially punts on baseball except for an occasional take on the Yankees.

His NFL takes are mostly focused on the Patriots.

He's a blowhard with no substance.

Yeah sounds like old CowTurd hasn't changed a bit since his ESPN days.

Yeah I’ll listen to packer and Durham occasionally but that’s just due to the ACC focus

Neuheisel and Childers can be entertaining and informative on their SiriusXM show. Greg McElroy is someone I've gotten to like and respect.

Yeah those two shows are good. SEC morning show is good too but I hate listening to Doerhing because he went to Florida. I don’t like the Packer show because it’s geared toward a TV audience. He’s fine in the afternoon though on Off Campus.

Cowherd repeats the same list of things multiple times in different ways throughout his show: team a cannot win this game. I don’t see how team a wins this game. Team a will LOSE this game.

I bet it’s a long show but he’s awful at just saying the same thing over and over.

Sports media and news media are both horrible and play off how horrible each other are (see PTI —> Crossfire).

At this point, I’m waiting for The Athletic to come out with a sports version of NPR.

PTI being like Crossfire is a horrible take. Tony and Wilbon's chemistry is real and they don't force arguments just for the sake of disagreeing.

A lot to complain about in sports media, but PTI is near the bottom of the list

Sports media and news media are both horrible and play off how horrible each other are (see PTI —> Crossfire).

At this point, I’m waiting for The Athletic to come out with a sports version of NPR.

This would be amazing.

Yeah, I listen to Follow The Money on VSIN in the mornings and then Full Ride later on ESPNU.

Not everyday, but when I can.

I like Zarzour and McElroy, too... But Follow The Money is so f’n good most days.

A big problem with sports media is that there’s just not enough substance to sustain the amount of content that has to be pumped to different channels 24 hrs a day. Especially with football, when a team only has one game a week. When there’s not enough stuff to talk about, you end up wading through a whole lot of bullshit just to fill the time.

Yet tons of compelling podcasts out there.

The bigger problem is the average Joe is a goddamn moron and can't handle anything beyond LCD talking points

Back