• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

When was the last time ND was an underdog by 14 points or more?
Are they really going to get whipped tomorrow?

(Biff not allowed to answer)

So far, it looks like this spread is a little bit off. Maybe way off.

Smart bettor I listen to said he put a 1/2 unit on ND in the first half and a 1/2 unit on the full game.

Thought ND would keep it close for a while, but was concerned about the defense getting worn down by the UGA running game by the 4th quarter.

Watching the game, that seems like solid analysis. Have to think UGA breaks off a big run or two before it’s all over.

I don’t enjoy seeing a Florida won but I’m really enjoying watching Tennessee get clobbered. 17-0 Gators at the half.

UT is terrible. That was my takeaway from today’s game... Because I don’t think UF is particularly good.

Probably not:

15th UCF lost
16th Oregon up 14-3 in the second quarter
17th TAMU lost
18th Iowa (bye)
19th Wazzu plays tonight against 0-3 UCLA
20th Boise State won
21st UVA down 17-0 to ODU in the second quarter
22nd Washington won
23rd California won
24th Arizona State plays tonight against Colorado
25th TCU lost
26th Kansas State bye
27th Oklahoma State up 3-0 on Texas in 1st quarter
28th Army won
29th Michigan State won
30th Memphis bye
31st Wake won

Looks like we should pass Memphis, OSU, TCU, ASU, Wazzu. I suppose Tamu, UCF or Michigan could drop far enough as well. There might be someone behind us who had a good enough win to pass us though, like USC.
UCLA game was insane.

Don't think we'll quite be ranked but it'll be close. W over BC will do it for sure

I didn’t stay up to watch it, but, wow, what a game.
UCLA beat Washington State 67 - 63.........with no overtime!
Halftime score was 35-17 WSU. UCLA scored 50 in the second half.
The WSU QB passed for 570 yds and 9 TDs........and lost.
Almost 1400 yds of total offense.

I think both these teams need new defensive coordinators.

So WSU led UCLA 49-17 with 21 minutes and change left in the game, scored two more touchdowns and lost.

I didn’t stay up to watch it, but, wow, what a game.
UCLA beat Washington State 67 - 63.........with no overtime!
Halftime score was 35-17 WSU. UCLA scored 50 in the second half.
The WSU QB passed for 570 yds and 9 TDs........and lost.
Almost 1400 yds of total offense.

I think both these teams need new defensive coordinators.

So WSU led UCLA 49-17 with 21 minutes and change left in the game, scored two more touchdowns and lost.

I just don't get how Mike Leach can continue to ignore defense year after year.

Utah State with big win against undefeated SDSU

Our win over them looks better and better

tOSU v Miami-Ohio is the first 76-5 result in FBS history.

Biff's Top Ten

1. Alabama (1)
2. Clemson (2)
3. Georgia (3)
4. Ohio State (4)
5. Oklahoma (5)
6. LSU (6)
7. Auburn (7)
8. Notre Dame (8)
9. Wisconsin (UR)
10. Florida (UR)

No changes 1-8.

Dropped out: UCF and Utah

ND over Wisconsin is pretty silly imho. ND defense did better than expected, but good lord was their offense incredibly basic and predictable. Seemed like 90% of their offense was to the TE and a big WR who was basically a TE.

ND over Wisconsin is pretty silly imho. ND defense did better than expected, but good lord was their offense incredibly basic and predictable. Seemed like 90% of their offense was to the TE and a big WR who was basically a TE.

He has to make UGA look as good as possible to still make the playoffs when they inevitably lose.

He’ll be a huge ND fan the rest of the way.

And I don’t blame him... That’s how it works.

Back