• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

David Koch dies at 79

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
David Koch has died. He and his brother have impacted US politics like few others over the past forty years. The question may pop up is how will all their policy and lobbying groups work without the Koch brothers.

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't have a will or a foundation. Glad to hear the Koch brothers no longer wield any political power now that one has died.

Hated his politics. Loved the money he donated.

F

Hated his politics. Loved the money he donated.

F

Exactly. Disagreed with most of his political perspectives, but that dude threw a shitton of money at a shitton of other, non-political issues. 400 million to cancer research is nothing to sneer at. I wonder if he's a net positive or negative overall.

Exactly. Disagreed with most of his political perspectives, but that dude threw a shitton of money at a shitton of other, non-political issues. 400 million to cancer research is nothing to sneer at. I wonder if he's a net positive or negative overall.

He spent nearly as much on climate denial. May as well have been down in the Amazon with a flamethrower. He'll die a fucking monument to this era of vulture capitalism. I'm only sad he didn't get to live to see the planet's climate disaster really ramp up.

He spent nearly as much on climate denial. May as well have been down in the Amazon with a flamethrower. He'll die a fucking monument to this era of vulture capitalism. I'm only sad he didn't get to live to see the planet's climate disaster really ramp up.

That answers my question. Net negative. Burn then. Thanks.

Imagine how many more tens of millions he could have given to cancer research if he hadn't spent them paying the government fines for hundreds of oil spills.

Imagine how many more tens of millions he could have given to cancer research if he hadn't spent them paying the government fines for hundreds of oil spills.

I'm sure the fact that he had prostate cancer didn't hurt his interest towards cancer research, either.

I'm happy to meet him there if it exists. May it never be said about me that my life's pursuit was spent making life worse for vulnerable people everywhere.

Always heart warming to see yet another example of civility from of the party of tolerance and open-mindedness.

Always heart warming to see yet another example of civility from of the party of tolerance and open-mindedness.

Another post from those who don't understand that it's legitimate not to tolerate hate and wrong-doing.

maybe if you want people to be respectful to you after you die you should do respectful things during your life

Oh, you have someone on the internet who agrees with you? Why didn’t you say so? That changes everything. Especially someone as prestigious as The Law Boy.

I'm not interested in arguing with you on this point, counselor. The receipts are out there. Sorry for your loss.

Will check with you when George Soros or Hillary passes.

Surely when one dies it the other will have ordered it. Or at least that's what QAnon will tell him.

Back