• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Hurricane Season

The Abacos are probably my favorite place on earth. This has been devastating, and will probably be even worse as more and more images, stories, fatalities, etc. continue to come out.

Still can't get hardly any reports out of Man O War Cay, a tiny island with 200 residents where we usually stay. Elbow and Guana Cays almost completely destroyed. RIP Nippers.

I work for Palm Beach County and am at the County Emergency Operations Center for storms. I have been here since 8 pm on Sunday, just sitting watching this damn storm sit over the Bahamas (minus the last hour when it started to move again). Luckily, I get paid hourly for the time I am here in addition to my regular paycheck. 39 hours and counting right now. We will deactivate tonight if it moves far enough away.

Please save Sailfish Marina.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into these theories ?

Starting to look pretty likely the eye is going to pass right over/by Wilmington. There's been tornado warnings all around since my phone woke me up ~5am. Looks like we're in for a long day/night.

See, there was a reason to buy Greenland. Think of all the ice cubes we could get from there.

Any folks on the NC outerbanks and low lying couties in the east of both North and South Carolina need to be ready for a rough few days of weather. Dorian will be way too close for comfort.
Florida escaped. SC and NC look like they will get hammered.

Saw where Wilmington has gotten 2 1/4 inches of rain in just the last hour, and the eye isn't even anywhere close yet. Concerning.

Any folks on the NC outerbanks and low lying couties in the east of both North and South Carolina need to be ready for a rough few days of weather. Dorian will be way too close for comfort.
Florida escaped. SC and NC look like they will get hammered.

It looks like it's going out of its way to go up exactly on the coast line, damaging as much of the coast line as possible. Live feed on the coast of NC, already looks bad

https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-1

Bump for the new year. We've had two named storms already, with a potential third cooking in the Atlantic. Having three named storms before June 1st would be a first in history.

Bump for the new year. We've had two named storms already, with a potential third cooking in the Atlantic. Having three named storms before June 1st would be a first in history.

That is strange
granted I live in Western NC, but I figure the general temperature trends of the Carolinas region is the same and this has been, by a seemingly large margin, the coolest spring I can recall
maybe the coast and waters off the coast (where the two storms have formed) have seen a different trend.

Back