• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Hurricane Season

HailToTheDeacons

Fantasy Sheep Champion
Reaction score
Tropical Storm Dorian is set to become a Hurricane in the coming days. Recent models have moved the trajectory slightly northward.

114938_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

And it appears that Tropical Storm Erin will stay out at sea.

Glad I got to go to Disney World this year before it gets destroyed. Yikes Orlando.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens tomorrow. Apparently, they had ankle deep standing water near the Millennium Falcon during mid-August rains due to a wall built at the last minute.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens tomorrow. Apparently, they had ankle deep standing water near the Millennium Falcon during mid-August rains due to a wall built at the last minute.

It's like real life Dagobah!

Dorian watch: Stones Miami concert moved up from Saturday night to Friday night.

Uh how has this thread not been updated in three days? This thing is about to level the Bahamas

Category 5 with gusts over 200 mph. Slight westward shift overnight from yesterday but cone of uncertainty is massive. Charleston biggest major city where the storm looks like to could make landfall if it ever hits - will cause a lot of wind and rain damage regardless from Florida up through NC. Hopefully it pivots and goes out to see without ever hitting the mainland.

Up to a Cat 5. Crushing the Bahamas. Path is edging closer to the coast. Orlando airport had announced they were closing on Monday afternoon but last night they announced they’re staying open. A lot of uncertainty. We cancelled a trip to Miami for the weekend then reconsidered last night before the cone shifted west. Now we aren’t going again.

This thing has strengthened a crazy amount in the last 24 hours. Hoping for the best for the coastal areas.

The Bahamas are getting hammered. 30 hours of hurricane force winds. Max sustained winds at 185 mph. That is tornado level. But not just for seconds or minutes, but 30 hours. Much of what has been the Bahanas will be destroyed.

Track will be critical for amount of damage to US. The further east, the better. Because (at this writin) it is moderate in size, hurricane force winds extend only about 50 miles from the center. In those 50 miles, wind speeds ramp from 75 mph (hurricane minimum) to 185 mph. Thus a few miles could make a big difference in the amount of wind damage along the US coast.

Trump said in a conference about Dorian that he had never heard of a category 5 hurricane before, this after also saying climate change isn't real. If only Mar-a-lago was getting hit like the Bahamas is right now.

It's gotta be weird to be in a place like Fort Pierce and feel like you are playing a game of chicken with Dorian. The storm is making a line straight at, though is expected to turn north before it gets there. Of course there is that chance that it turns a little later than expected...

Florida is out of the cone now but the West Palm to Jax are still going to get hit pretty hard.

Disney is closing at 3:00. UCF is closed through Thursday. Looks like they may have been too cautious but hard to blame them.

It's gotta be weird to be in a place like Fort Pierce and feel like you are playing a game of chicken with Dorian. The storm is making a line straight at, though is expected to turn north before it gets there. Of course there is that chance that it turns a little later than expected...

I work for Palm Beach County and am at the County Emergency Operations Center for storms. I have been here since 8 pm on Sunday, just sitting watching this damn storm sit over the Bahamas (minus the last hour when it started to move again). Luckily, I get paid hourly for the time I am here in addition to my regular paycheck. 39 hours and counting right now. We will deactivate tonight if it moves far enough away.

Back