• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moderator Disclosure Thread

TWDeac

Resident Astrophysicist
Staff member
Reaction score
This will be where you can see what actions we have taken against users or threads.

Posts will be labeled as follows:
Warning:
Ban:
Perma-Ban:
Thread:

Last edited:
ACC Sports article "Red Flags Surround [Redacted]"

The ACC Sports premium article, "Red Flags Surround [Redacted]," was posted in its entirety on the sports board on March 21, 2011, at 09:49AM. It has since been edited down to only a teaser paragraph, w/ a link to ACC Sports. This was done per the request of Jim Young, of ACC sports, as that's pay material.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "site pimping?"

People, obviously not Wake fans and potentially bots, advertising/posting messages intended to get people to click to various sites (some of which may be malicious).

Hey, you guys shouldn't have to explain every time you perma-ban a spambot.

Haha I agree. We probably won't continue this for those.

trying to get into the habit of explaining everything now in case it becomes an issue with "real" posters down the line.

What about townie's thread calling 10+ posters dumb? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE?

The big difference between the parties is clear.

These people disagree with us. What should we do?

Democrats: Vote
Republicans: Kill them

This is the post and the post is pretty clear. I'll clarify exactly what PH means to the extent anyone else actually believes that this is hate speech from PH:

"The big difference between the parties is clear.

These people disagree with us. What should we do?

Democrats: 'Vote'
Republicans: 'Kill them'"

I mean even without any context of the other posts, it's obvious what PH is saying here - there are just no quotations around the respective lines next to the what the parties are saying to people who disagree with them.

You can agree or disagree with the substance of what PH says here, but it's not hate speech at all.

Wow. Now you’re purposefully misinterpreting my post to try to get me banned. Stop being so bitter, Pop. You need to take a break.

Yeah. It’s the equivalent of “Sorry for wasting your time, Officer.”

i apologize to those who may have been offended

Ph isn't going anywhere, especially not for something as innocuous as that post.

i like how Pop decided to delete whatever his grievance was with Ph

Back