• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the Attendance

31,000 with 11K in baby blue

I think it will be full, but probably about 50/50. Way more UNC than Wake fans I’m the area. I did an first day of activity with my HS students and one kid in two classes (around 45 students) picked Wake out of the “Big 4”

I think we're in an era where the tailgating scene rivals the game itself. Younger folks just seem more focused on that due to the individualistic society we seem to be living in. I think a lot of existing sociological concepts would tend to back up this theory.

I grew up a Wake fan and watched every game I could on TV when younger, but I was more about the tailgating scene when I was a student. We would get thrown into the games by the cops around the 2nd quarter, and usually go back out to the parking lot at halftime. It was great seeing the student section full for the beginning of the USU game, and though I wish they would stay through the game, I can't criticize them at all.

I think it will be full, but probably about 50/50. Way more UNC than Wake fans I’m the area. I did an first day of activity with my HS students and one kid in two classes (around 45 students) picked Wake out of the “Big 4”

I didn’t realize you were a special ed teacher.

You have to do your best to change that.

AIR, the official record is like 37,400 something for a UNC game when two temp bleachers were added on the Hill and another in front of Bridger. I attended the ND game when 35,500 something showed for that night game.

Then there was the infamous VT game when Hokie students printed and sold several thousand bogus tix that pushed unofficial attendance to near 40,000. Was at that one too and that crowd was crazy.

I'm not sure if there were temporary bleachers installed, but we pulled in 34,000 when we beat Auburn at home in 1979. That was quite a year - we also beat Georgia in Athens.

https://godeacs.com/news/2011/8/16/witness_history_game_3.aspx

It will be pretty full about 70/30 wake fans.

What makes that photo so good is that ND's navy/gold blended in well with our black/gold to make it look more like a Wake full house.
Another game that has not been mentioned but had to be up there in record attendance was vs. South Carolina in the 80's; they basically had a home game.

Mike Elkins vs. Todd Ellis in a matchup of Greensboro QB's

Deacs went 7-4, 4-3 that year (swept the Big 4) and got blown out at home

Looking like possibility of some scattered t-storms during the game.

I will be so pleasantly surprised if its sold out and more than 2/3rds are Wake fans. I expect 33-40% will be from UNC.

Mike Elkins vs. Todd Ellis in a matchup of Greensboro QB's

Deacs went 7-4, 4-3 that year (swept the Big 4) and got blown out at home

The stadium was so loud with gamecock fans. Mike Elkins had to go back to the huddle on multiple occasions. Sterling Sharpe played for the game cocks in that game.

Back