• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Conor, are there any other teams that you think are flying under the radar now, and will end up in the top 10 or 25?

Might not be popular on this board so I'm sorry, but App only really needs to hold serve and run the table and they'll wind up being the top G5 team, or being half of the discussion with an undefeated Boise State team.

Obviously if Wake gets to 6-0 or 7-0, they'll start getting more credit.

I'm 3 spots higher in this week's poll on Penn State (love their defense), Virginia (love Bryce Perkins, but they've gotta stop sleep-walking) and USC (I'm here for this circus of a roller coaster).

I was really high on Memphis (had them 22 this week, they're actually 30) -- so I'm typing this at halftime and they're down 20-14 at home and look like an idiot (albeit against a seemingly decent Navy team).

That's fair enough on Notre Dame, Biff. And on Clemson, agreed, they won't be really tested in the next month. A month from today, though, we'll know about Ohio State after they play Wisconsin.

Must have been a great halftime speech by Memphis. Thanks,Conor.

Conor - are you in Beantown now......or on the way?

Thanks. That’s a good article. Have a save flight.

Clawson said. “We’re in a good spot now, but we’ve gotta continue to get better and improve, and there’s a lot of tough games ahead of us here.”

I'm glad he sees it this way. After going to sleep the last 39 minutes of the unc game after his go for the throat 4th down when up 21. He went back to the video to knock out Elon. No Deacon took that game off. BC had our offense figured out. Contain with the DE's and run blitz up the middle. Hold the hand off as long as we wanted, they were going to squeeze us. Everyone can see how to stuff our RPO. The staff has to prepare a counter punch.

Think we saw Hinton in motion for a jet sweep look against BC. That threat may help keep defenses from jamming the middle.

Might not be popular on this board so I'm sorry, but App only really needs to hold serve and run the table and they'll wind up being the top G5 team, or being half of the discussion with an undefeated Boise State team.

Obviously if Wake gets to 6-0 or 7-0, they'll start getting more credit.

I'm 3 spots higher in this week's poll on Penn State (love their defense), Virginia (love Bryce Perkins, but they've gotta stop sleep-walking) and USC (I'm here for this circus of a roller coaster).

I was really high on Memphis (had them 22 this week, they're actually 30) -- so I'm typing this at halftime and they're down 20-14 at home and look like an idiot (albeit against a seemingly decent Navy team).

That's fair enough on Notre Dame, Biff. And on Clemson, agreed, they won't be really tested in the next month. A month from today, though, we'll know about Ohio State after they play Wisconsin.

Alabama not set to have any big tests in the next month either. A bye, A&M, Tennessee, Arkansas, and another bye. They have hardly faced a murder's row to-date either.

I'm glad he sees it this way. After going to sleep the last 39 minutes of the unc game after his go for the throat 4th down when up 21. He went back to the video to knock out Elon. No Deacon took that game off. BC had our offense figured out. Contain with the DE's and run blitz up the middle. Hold the hand off as long as we wanted, they were going to squeeze us. Everyone can see how to stuff our RPO. The staff has to prepare a counter punch.

I think BC also perhaps exposed our D to sweep run plays. They made a lot of adjustments at halftime....fortunately for us they also made dumb mistakes and penalties. Our adjustments were getting the ball to our TE as well as Hinton.

BTW, the BC DB did a pretty good job on Sage.

SIDEBAR : Anyone know why Clawson was so visibly angry with the officials in the 3rd quarter ? Lasted over 2 possessions with us on D....

I think BC also perhaps exposed our D to sweep run plays. They made a lot of adjustments at halftime....fortunately for us they also made dumb mistakes and penalties. Our adjustments were getting the ball to our TE as well as Hinton.

BTW, the BC DB did a pretty good job on Sage.

SIDEBAR : Anyone know why Clawson was so visibly angry with the officials in the 3rd quarter ? Lasted over 2 possessions with us on D....

Called an illegal substitution on Wake after not giving Wake opp to sub after Dillon subbed. Clearly a bad call.

Back