• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Good article and good guy.

Between A March to Madness and this article, Feinstein has been itching to write about Wake Forest actually finishing on top.

this is the same logic ND uses every year as they cruise their easy schedule only to get blown out when they play an actual good team

My point is there are multiple ways to show that you are a top 20 team. If you win 11 games and lose to Clemson by 50 in Death Valley you're likely still a top 20 team.

The Notre Dame discussion generally surrounds their inclusion as a top 4 team. Even top 4 teams can get blown out in a one off game though (see Alabama 2018).

My point is there are multiple ways to show that you are a top 20 team. If you win 11 games and lose to Clemson by 50 in Death Valley you're likely still a top 20 team.

The Notre Dame discussion generally surrounds their inclusion as a top 4 team. Even top 4 teams can get blown out in a one off game though (see Alabama 2018).

i can name a couple things that warrant a top 20 ranking: being undefeated 5 games into a season when you havnt beaten anyone rated higher than you. beating a few teams that are actually ranked. dominating your competition in those 5 weeks. MAYBE having a top team on one side of the ball.

but definitely not beating an avg 3-2 team that you HAVE dominated the last couple seasons. that is just something you should be able to do

Yeah I feel like you're missing the point that people aren't posting about this in a vacuum - if we beat Louisville this week it's not only that we are 1-0 against a 3-2 team, it's how you move to 6-0. It's just like beating Utah State, UNC, or BC may not be that impressive by itself but combined it has contributed to the 5-0 record that you say can show a team belongs in the top 20.

Deacs have a few opportunities against Louisville at 7:30 p. m. on Saturday, 10.12.19:
(1) 8 game win streak for first time in history,
(2) Win after a bye week for first time under Clawson & Co.,
(3) Start 6 and 0 in a season for first time since 1944 when Deacs started 7 - 0,
(4) Continue reminding cheaters not to cheat,
(5) Go into the FSU game undefeated which will bring out every "Walmart" fan within a 50 mile radius and WF will need at least 1/3 of them,
(6) Continue winning winnable games, an important achievement for the youth on this team,
(7) Prove they belong in the Top 20,
(8) BOWL Eligible.

(9) Win first game at home against an ACC opponent since 2017.
(10) Alter the perspective of writers of this ilk: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...feated-teams-stack-up-entering-a-key-stretch/

If you can go undefeated against every opponent that’s .600 or below, that’s a solid season.

Yeah I feel like you're missing the point that people aren't posting about this in a vacuum - if we beat Louisville this week it's not only that we are 1-0 against a 3-2 team, it's how you move to 6-0. It's just like beating Utah State, UNC, or BC may not be that impressive by itself but combined it has contributed to the 5-0 record that you say can show a team belongs in the top 20.

the only thing i was trying to say was beating Louisville in general does not prove jack shit. being 6-0 i believe puts you in top 20 everytime...unless your app state i guess

hey guy, go fuck yourself.

the same exact thing could have been said about unc coming into our game

and if utah state is the basis for how good we are(beaides our undefeated record) then that shows how far we are from being a really good team.
howd utah state do against a top 5 team? did they even get a touchdown?
Do you eat with that mouth?

Ever think of how the Canadians came up with the recipe for poutine? Brown gravy and cheese curds...and our Canadian buddy talks about eating women's private parts...

Ever think of how the Canadians came up with the recipe for poutine? Brown gravy and cheese curds...and our Canadian buddy talks about eating women's private parts...

the best part about this is im so un-canadian that I have no idea what yall are trying to joke about 😂

and rj...you just dated the hell out of yourself
times have changed since the 20s regarding how to please women

There will be a couple of teams ahead of us who will lose this weekend. A victory would elevate us higher in the polls. I think we topped out at 13th during the Grobe era. A loss would knock us out of the polls. As for canadiandeac, because of the exchange rate, his insults are only 80% effective. It could also be that a Canadian hockey team hasn't won Lord Stanley's Cup since 1993.

There will be a couple of teams ahead of us who will lose this weekend. A victory would elevate us higher in the polls. I think we topped out at 13th during the Grobe era. A loss would knock us out of the polls. As for canadiandeac, because of the exchange rate, his insults are only 80% effective. It could also be that a Canadian hockey team hasn't won Lord Stanley's Cup since 1993.

14th under Grobe and 11th is best ranking ever (1947)

Close, highest was 14 (per media guide) in both polls. Came in 2006 after 8-1 start, next game was the 27-6 loss to VT.

Poor Conor, look what has happened to his thread. Nap time is soon.

id put them at 0% when trying to communicate with an old turd like RJ

Back