• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Good answers, Conor. You represent the Wake media “contingent” well.

That will be in my paper this morning and maybe seen by the Wake contingent that is here for a program last night. As always, Conor, you did well. I’ll look forward to reading it again in print.

I don't remember alot of people pointing to last year as a breakthrough season. We were very raw at QB.

Maybe a continuation. I didn't people speculating on schedule setting up for a potential of nine or ten win regular-season like this year

How does Wake view Bud Foster? Idk he’s a defensive coordinator at another ACC school. Did you want us to participate in BUD FOSTER DAY as well or something?

Aside from the obvious benefit to our game plan, it’d be nice to go up like 21-0 early so we can minimize the agonizing Bud Foster talking points the announcers will be hammering.

Conor could have said the Wake boards think it’s shady that Bud Foster wasn’t elevated to head coach after Beamer retired and there were long-standing board rumors that he has a drinking problem. But his answer was better.

The lack of news re: our offensive injuries is concerning. I understand why we would be silent if the news is bad, but if the 'injuries' were just discomfort and precaution, wouldn't we hear more about it. What happened in the State game that caused Hinton to leave the game? Is he ok? Scotty in a boot earlier in the week and no additional information since. Jamie grimaced multiple times in the 3rd quarter - will his shoulder affect his ability/willingness to run?

The lack of news re: our offensive injuries is concerning. I understand why we would be silent if the news is bad, but if the 'injuries' were just discomfort and precaution, wouldn't we hear more about it. What happened in the State game that caused Hinton to leave the game? Is he ok? Scotty in a boot earlier in the week and no additional information since. Jamie grimaced multiple times in the 3rd quarter - will his shoulder affect his ability/willingness to run?

I don't know what you want to hear/read. Dave doesn't have to tell us about injuries. He's not going to provide an injury report to us so Virginia Tech knows who to prepare for and who not to prepare for.

Here's literally everything that was said #onaTuesday when Les asked him about Scotty Washington's status:

"You know what, we’ve got a bunch of guys that are touch and go and I really don’t want to get into every player and what their status is. Because quite frankly, I don’t have to. There’s no reason for me to get up here and let Virginia Tech know who’s going to play and who’s not going to play. We have a number of guys who are probable, questionable, doubtful, and we’ll see as the week goes on if they’re ready or not. But there’s no advantage for me to share that right now."

I don't know what you want to hear/read. Dave doesn't have to tell us about injuries. He's not going to provide an injury report to us so Virginia Tech knows who to prepare for and who not to prepare for.

Here's literally everything that was said #onaTuesday when Les asked him about Scotty Washington's status:

"You know what, we’ve got a bunch of guys that are touch and go and I really don’t want to get into every player and what their status is. Because quite frankly, I don’t have to. There’s no reason for me to get up here and let Virginia Tech know who’s going to play and who’s not going to play. We have a number of guys who are probable, questionable, doubtful, and we’ll see as the week goes on if they’re ready or not. But there’s no advantage for me to share that right now."

Clawson kinda embracing his inner Belichick. Love it.

Toward the end of the ND game VT lost both CB's to injury....

Clawson kinda embracing his inner Belichick. Love it.

Yeah. He got burned by Elrod and now he can practice inside and doesn't have to tell anyone jack about injuries. I don't need to know this stuff. Just win, baby!

Yeah. He got burned by Elrod and now he can practice inside and doesn't have to tell anyone jack about injuries. I don't need to know this stuff. Just win, baby!

Clawson is the perfect combination of class, with a little bit of smart ass mixed in and I love it!

In so many ways Clawson exemplifies what it means to be a good leader. One of those things is that he is no non-sense in how he interacts with the press. He is polite, but he controls information as he sees fit and does so without apology.

I mean ... I like to think Dave is at least a little non-sense with us.

"Going into the game, as Conor pointed out, since the 2017 season, nobody’s won more games in our conference other than Clemson than N.C. State. And I think we tied that now."

"To be fair, you pointed that out in the presser on Tuesday."

"You listen to my press conference?"

"I did."

"Because I think I get up there and speak and nobody listens. That’s a positive."

Back