• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Exactly on the first part. He's graduating and it's not a guarantee that he'll want to be back next year, nor is it a guarantee the staff wants him back next year.

Yes on Miles Fox, the plan is for him to be back in January. And from all indications, that's still the plan. That's one of the reasons I say you can afford some attrition at DT. Clawson was pretty certain he'd be a starting DT before the injury in the spring.

Any thoughts on the coaches moving Mike Allen back to DE if we get Fox back and there isn’t as big a need at DT coming into next season? Tyler Williams was also out to start the year, so I think they moved him inside based on need.

Overall it seemed like Kamara turned the corner this season and was a really solid contributor. Hope he comes back.

Any thoughts on the coaches moving Mike Allen back to DE if we get Fox back and there isn’t as big a need at DT coming into next season? Tyler Williams was also out to start the year, so I think they moved him inside based on need.

Mike Allen has 5 tackles in two seasons. This year, he had one solo tackle and one assist. He only played in 6 games. Realize that we all had high hopes when WF signed a player with a ton of SEC offers, but it has become apparent that he is not one of the more productive D-lineman on the roster. Recruiting rankings often mislead.

Mike Allen has 5 tackles in two seasons. This year, he had one solo tackle and one assist. He only played in 6 games. Realize that we all had high hopes when WF signed a player with a ton of SEC offers, but it has become apparent that he is not one of the more productive D-lineman on the roster. Recruiting rankings often mislead.

Ha ha - I was thinking the same thing - it's time to let the "when is Mike Allen going to play?" talk go. I'd love to seem him still turn into a productive player, but the fact of the matter is that there are multiple younger players that seem to be ahead of him.

Recruiting rankings often mislead.

brb, injecting into all of my veins.

In all seriousness, I hope Mike Allen turns a corner in the same way Kamara did. I just don't think that's likely. They're hardly in similar situations, as Kamara played significant snaps in the last two seasons behind Rodney and Yarbary. It's more likely at this point Allen fills a jack-of-all-trades, master-on-none role next season as a backup DT and DE and goes through Senior Day and it'll be the same situation as Manny Walker, that he can graduate and find somewhere to play for a year.

I skimmed the transfer portal (https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/), and there is a corner from Northwestern who could play immediately and a bunch of players from Stanford not from Cali - two DT and a Tight End). I know nothing about any of them other than their high school ratings are all pretty high/comparable.

I am somewhat worried we don't have Bothroyd for most of next year based on nothing other than it looked like a knee injury against Syracuse. I would think Clawson would have noted that, however, had it been an ACL.

Ha ha - I was thinking the same thing - it's time to let the "when is Mike Allen going to play?" talk go. I'd love to seem him still turn into a productive player, but the fact of the matter is that there are multiple younger players that seem to be ahead of him.

brb, injecting into all of my veins.

In all seriousness, I hope Mike Allen turns a corner in the same way Kamara did. I just don't think that's likely. They're hardly in similar situations, as Kamara played significant snaps in the last two seasons behind Rodney and Yarbary. It's more likely at this point Allen fills a jack-of-all-trades, master-on-none role next season as a backup DT and DE and goes through Senior Day and it'll be the same situation as Manny Walker, that he can graduate and find somewhere to play for a year.

Yeah I know it's probably just wishful thinking. Wasn't it against State last year he showed a couple of flashes? I guess I'm just in love with having a 275lb pass rusher at one DE and if Boogie leaves, we probably won't have that next year.

Yeah I know it's probably just wishful thinking. Wasn't it against State last year he showed a couple of flashes? I guess I'm just in love with having a 275lb pass rusher at one DE and if Boogie leaves, we probably won't have that next year.

It was -- IIRC, he might have had a TFL or two in that game.

No idea on what Bothroyd's injury is, but he'd be my (educated) guess on who replaces Boogie at field end if he leaves.

It was -- IIRC, he might have had a TFL or two in that game.

No idea on what Bothroyd's injury is, but he'd be my (educated) guess on who replaces Boogie at field end if he leaves.

Yeah, I would think end would be his more natural position, even though he's done a good job at tackle this year. I think he's lined up at end some though hasn't he, maybe in some 3 man fronts?

Yeah, I would think end would be his more natural position, even though he's done a good job at tackle this year. I think he's lined up at end some though hasn't he, maybe in some 3 man fronts?

Shouldn't be a secret, but yeah, I think Bothroyd is going to be a heck of a player. He came in as an end, moved to tackle, won't be too much of an issue to go back to end. The Clawson quote (or maybe Cohen) from the spring about their two DT positions and the field end position being really similar comes to mind.

Sounds right on him lining up at end this year, probably in the third-down package when they've thrown Boogie in the middle. They've had several different looks on third downs, one of the reasons they made such a jump.

Conor, Any updates on the injuries and those that may be pursuing the next level??? Thanks, Merry Christmas and enjoy your posts!

I've asked about the Greer injury and haven't heard anything I can publish, so barring something unexpected tonight or tomorrow, we'll get an answer on Wednesday afternoon at a presser. Wouldn't get hopes up for an official word, though.

Honestly this becomes a little bit of a frustrating time of year because I want to write football stories and yall want to read them (I'm assuming), but the staff has been on the road recruiting for the past two weeks and there's been no interview availability. So, we'll break that this week.

I've asked about the Greer injury and haven't heard anything I can publish, so barring something unexpected tonight or tomorrow, we'll get an answer on Wednesday afternoon at a presser. Wouldn't get hopes up for an official word, though.

Honestly this becomes a little bit of a frustrating time of year because I want to write football stories and yall want to read them (I'm assuming), but the staff has been on the road recruiting for the past two weeks and there's been no interview availability. So, we'll break that this week.

Thank you. Is tomorrow the "normal" presser that Clawson has had all season with video? Having withdrawals reading your excellent stories and hearing from Dave.

I will gladly sacrifice a few days of no football articles if it means the coaches are having success on the road recruiting.

Thank you. Is tomorrow the "normal" presser that Clawson has had all season with video? Having withdrawals reading your excellent stories and hearing from Dave.

I appreciate that. But naw, that's pushed back to Wednesday. So Wednesday at 3 there will be a press conference in which we discuss all of the signing class and the bowl stuff. Should be quite the lengthy presser.

Back