• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/c...cle_c45bb7ed-6d4a-5ec6-8de2-92e01ecb9383.html

Wake Forest’s redshirt junior quarterback has now started six games in his career, or half of a regular season. The numbers are gaudy, and even more impressive when considering he started against four bowl teams last season and a Utah State team likely to wind up in a bowl this year. Newman has completed 132 of 201 passes for 1,721 yards, 15 touchdowns and three interceptions, along with 242 rushing yards and four touchdowns.

Maybe alone but I appreciate Conor’s factual coverage of Newman without the excessive spin seen by some east of Burlington.

Last edited:
Agree. But it's also factual that he's led us to three 4th-quarter comeback wins against three good teams.

I didn’t even realize Bowers came in at the end.

last offensive series. 3 handoffs.

The idea that you would waste one of Hartman's 4 games for that makes no sense to anybody.

Yeah. LOL at posters who didn’t think that Clawson wouldnt try to preserve a year of Hartman at all costs.

It’s not even much of a cost. Clawson will probably only play him if Newman is going to be out for a series or two in a close game. Hope he has a Hinton package if Newman is out for one play.

Yeah. LOL at posters who didn’t think that Clawson wouldnt try to preserve a year of Hartman at all costs.

Yeah it’s best for everyone involved. If for whatever reason Hartman does decide to leave he can use this year as his redshirt (or if he stays he can).

If Clawson is attempting to redshirt Hartman, I hope his intentions have been communicated to Sam and he is in agreement. I have no doubt Clawson will use Sam should Newman be unable to play due to injury.

If Clawson is attempting to redshirt Hartman, I hope his intentions have been communicated to Sam and he is in agreement. I have no doubt Clawson will use Sam should Newman be unable to play due to injury.

Do you really believe that there may not have been a discussion between our head coach and former starting QB about the latter's future?

Yeah it’s best for everyone involved. If for whatever reason Hartman does decide to leave he can use this year as his redshirt (or if he stays he can).

If he decides to leave he still has to sit out a year, which would be lost if he uses this year as a redshirt. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post.

Do you really believe that there may not have been a discussion between our head coach and former starting QB about the latter's future?

Nine years of persistent ineptness by our AD and basketball coaches occasionally impairs my thought processes regarding WFU sports. Old age plays a role as well. Thanks for the kick in the head.

Clawson stuck with Hartman through some rough times before he got to Wake-- I think he is the kinda kid who would stick around at least for a year or two/

If he decides to leave he still has to sit out a year, which would be lost if he uses this year as a redshirt. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post.

If he decides to leave and redshirts this year he can count the redshirt this year as his year sitting out right - depending on when he transfers?

no. still has to sit a year unless he has graduated

Conor, can you let us know when a freshman plays his 5th game. Ill go burn a red shirt in my back yard in his honor.

Back