• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Conor, can you let us know when a freshman plays his 5th game. Ill go burn a red shirt in my back yard in his honor.

hahahah well I'd suggest getting at least four of them ready for Sept. 29, the day after the BC game. Kenneth Walker III, Shamar McCollum, Trey Rucker have obviously helped, and I believe Isaiah Essissima has played in both games so far (still haven't seen participation chart from USU game).

I'm honestly not sure why Chase Jones hasn't played yet. Kind of a mystery; Clawson said they wanted to get him against Rice, but I never saw him.

What's the injury status on Hinton and Carney ?

hahahah well I'd suggest getting at least four of them ready for Sept. 29, the day after the BC game. Kenneth Walker III, Shamar McCollum, Trey Rucker have obviously helped, and I believe Isaiah Essissima has played in both games so far (still haven't seen participation chart from USU game).

I'm honestly not sure why Chase Jones hasn't played yet. Kind of a mystery; Clawson said they wanted to get him against Rice, but I never saw him.
If they don't need him, don't burn the shirt. Save him for 2023!

If they don't need him, don't burn the shirt. Save him for 2023!

True. And to his credit, Chase Monroe has made a few decent plays in his time on the field with the ones.

But Jones looked so good in camp, thought it'd be harder to keep him off the field.

True. And to his credit, Chase Monroe has made a few decent plays in his time on the field with the ones.

But Jones looked so good in camp, thought it'd be harder to keep him off the field.

With the way linebacker health went last season, Clawson may want to save games for Jones in case of need later in the season.

Pretty impressive.
Hope these facilities/investments take our recruiting up a notch or 2. (At least 2 notches for hoops).

Yup...but would like to see the staff offices including Clawson's new office.

Yup...but would like to see the staff offices including Clawson's new office.

Yeah ... they pulled back the curtains and opened the door, but there weren't all-access passes given out to lowly media such as ourselves.

Yeah ... they pulled back the curtains and opened the door, but there weren't all-access passes given out to lowly media such as ourselves.

I'm confident you know this but I'll say again, when it comes to new buildings and athletic facilities Wake obviously spares no expense. This complex is FIRST CLASS.

Pretty impressive.
Hope these facilities/investments take our recruiting up a notch or 2. (At least 2 notches for hoops).

At least 2 notches for hoops???!!!! You do realize our hoops recruiting is continuing to sink deeper and deeper into the abyss of DII/DIII offers and will not change until DM is gone no matter how fancy our facilities might be. Maybe you mean slow the notching downwards to just 2 notches????

Next up: First Class improvements for tailgating. More green grass. Less blacktop.

Speaking of facilities, ever since the new scoreboard was installed at BB&T field, I always thought it would be neat if they could somehow tie in the stands to the board somehow (arches?) to make the stadium feel more enclosed.

Next up: First Class improvements for tailgating. More green grass. Less blacktop.

Weren't there some plans kicked around years ago to do this. Maybe presented as a future phase when the plans for Deacon Tower were unveiled. I'd be all for making the parking areas more conducive to tailgating and less like a sea of asphalt from a 1970's Kmart.

Back