• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

That’s an incredible stat. For the record, points per red zone trip and points per opponents side of the field should be a common stats.

Every time I type it, I marvel at them giving up points on 37 of 40 red zone trips last year. 32 of them were touchdowns.

Really makes you wonder how we won 7 games last year...

Every time I type it, I marvel at them giving up points on 37 of 40 red zone trips last year. 32 of them were touchdowns.

That’s an incredible stat. For the record, points per red zone trip and points per opponents side of the field should be a common stats.

and it's much, much worse when one considers that stat does not include the 25 TD's yielded from outside the red zone on explosive plays (including all 6 vs. BC)

Weren't there some plans kicked around years ago to do this. Maybe presented as a future phase when the plans for Deacon Tower were unveiled. I'd be all for making the parking areas more conducive to tailgating and less like a sea of asphalt from a 1970's Kmart.

Yes. 14 years ago. Ancient times.

Firing a bad defensive coordinator didn’t make your list?

Not really. We still won by outscoring teams. The defense got a little better, but those three reasons are a clear top 3.

Clemson and ND games make the whole season’s defensive statistics look bad.

Clemson and ND games make the whole season’s defensive statistics look bad.

Maybe we should use the Olympic ice skating model and throw out the two best and two worst games' stats.

Yeah. And we scored a lot of points on them. More in fact.

Really like the way the defensive leaders stepped up and settled everyone down.

Against USU, the offense was dominant.

Against Rice, both sides looked good.

Against UNC, both sides looked good then the offense slacked off and the defense held strong.

Bodes well going forward.

If Wake's defense continues to play well, Wake is going to be tough to beat. The offense can score quickly and from anywhere.

Back