• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Rondell Bothroyd’s pursuit to get to the sideline 25 plus yards downfield to tackle the runner is what this game is all about.
https://www.journalnow.com/sports/c...e_2842cabf-dc13-52ed-af95-258747e733c2.html#1
But no big deal UNCCH and the ACC are having a down year and laying down for the Deacs and the Cavs, right?

That was a great play by Bothroyd. I’m thinking ‘oh no, Carolina is going to score’ and then Bothroyd comes flying in to make the tackle. Where the heck did he come from??? As Hemphill said, Great effort.

Just a thought .......if he’s got that speed at 6’4 280, could we use him as a RB in certain situations?

That was a great play by Bothroyd. I’m thinking ‘oh no, Carolina is going to score’ and then Bothroyd comes flying in to make the tackle. Where the heck did he come from??? As Hemphill said, Great effort.

Just a thought .......if he’s got that speed at 6’4 280, could we use him as a RB in certain situations?

Great play by Bothroyd.

When you use a guy like that in the run game, usually it us in short yardage situations. The lineman turned ball carrier is supposed to power through the D-line, and get a tough yard or so. Usually getting that yard requires moving D-linemen, along with crashing linebacker, safety and maybe even a corner. 600+ pounds of defenders needs to be relocated about 1-2 yards downfield. That requires power, not speed.

The PFF folks love Boogie: https://www.pff.com/news/college-co...s-and-fallers-on-the-pff-2020-nfl-draft-board

I agree with Deaconblue, that Bothroyd isn't likely to be used in the running game. But ya know, I'm not sure I'd completely dismiss it -- it could be worth a shot instead of direct snaps with CBS and KW3 (those looked awful).

Again, I really appreciate the love on here. Covering a football program that's players-led, media-friendly, and allows players to show personality, is going to lend to some good stories. I'm enjoying telling them.

The PFF folks love Boogie: https://www.pff.com/news/college-co...s-and-fallers-on-the-pff-2020-nfl-draft-board

I agree with Deaconblue, that Bothroyd isn't likely to be used in the running game. But ya know, I'm not sure I'd completely dismiss it -- it could be worth a shot instead of direct snaps with CBS and KW3 (those looked awful).

Again, I really appreciate the love on here. Covering a football program that's players-led, media-friendly, and allows players to show personality, is going to lend to some good stories. I'm enjoying telling them.

And I for one enjoy reading them. Thanks.

PFF: Emerging Edges
Pass-rushing production is one area of the grading we’ve found translates best to the next level. If we’re going to be high on an edge defender, we need to see them produce in that regard. Through three games this season, that’s exactly what Wake Forest’s Carlos Basham and Alabama’s Terrell Lewis have done. Basham is a freaky 6-5, 275 bull-rusher who is only scratching the surface of his potential. His get-off and closing speed are rare for a man his size. After racking up 52 pressures last season, he’s on pace for over 70 this season with 18 through three games.

Bothroyd that is

Ok. So we line him up as a WR.
He catches the ball, steps on the DB and runs for the goal line.

Just a ‘what if’ here, but fun to ponder.

Ok. So we line him up as a WR.
He catches the ball, steps on the DB and runs for the goal line.

Just a ‘what if’ here, but fun to ponder.

Stop giving away plays, there might be Elon alums on this page!

Stop giving away plays, there might be Elon alums on this page!

Sorry. Didn’t think about that.

And I certainly won’t share the formation of the secret double wild Deac counter crisscross pitch pass.
It scores every time!

Sorry. Didn’t think about that.

And I certainly won’t share the formation of the secret double wild Deac counter crisscross pitch pass.
It scores every time!

You definitely need to keep that one under double secret probation.

Back