• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Good stuff. The below is shades of last year, and makes me quite concerned about the defense the rest of this season. Clemson could probably put up 60+ again if they want to.

What’s interesting to me also is that on VT’s four touchdown drives, it faced a grand total of 0 third downs. Five plays, touchdown; Four plays, touchdown; Six plays, touchdown; One play, touchdown.

Good stuff. The below is shades of last year, and makes me quite concerned about the defense the rest of this season. Clemson could probably put up 60+ again if they want to.

Yeeeeaaaaaaah ... I think I saw a couple of people either here or on Twitter liken the game to the Pitt game last year, and that's the feeling I had. VT did whatever it wanted offensively in the second half.

Yes but remember, two of those were drives that started at the 20 and the 7. The other two were alarming, particularly, the opening drive of the second half when they went right down the field with little resistance after we had stopped them the entire first half from getting into the end zone.

Yeeeeaaaaaaah ... I think I saw a couple of people either here or on Twitter liken the game to the Pitt game last year, and that's the feeling I had. VT did whatever it wanted offensively in the second half.

Bless your heart, you watched it live and then on film. I felt fortunate I was at a wedding Saturday so I only had to see some of it here and there on my phone when the wife wasn't paying attention.

Our season comes down to a bad 1st half vs L'ville and a bad 2nd half vs VT. I hope we survive Clemson with the same 60 players we go down there with. That said, Clawson has to keep the players heads up heading afterwards and into the last two weeks.

I see that 93% of the money is on Klempton to cover the 35 and everyone is flying to Vegas and betting the mortgage and you can’t blame us. Everyone knows Kerns won’t keep it close and it’s about a 57-10 type of game.

Easy money.

Conor -

You're closer to the team than all of us. Do you have any gut feel on the mood this week and how these WR kids might surprise us on a tough stage ?

( yes, I'm searching for some optimism )

Conor -

You're closer to the team than all of us. Do you have any gut feel on the mood this week and how these WR kids might surprise us on a tough stage ?

The preview I write tomorrow will answer more eloquently, but basically seems to me like the team is trying to apply the same next-man-up mentality they used last year.

Conor -

I can help. Guys will do their best and we Wil lose 57-10 to Klempton.

We will lose to Duke and beat Syracuse. Then rest up and win our bowl game as always.

Guys were way too optimistic about our running game and it will continue to be abysmal no matter who we have in there.

Claude will actually catch a couple balls once we start playing bad teams again.

This week Klempton absolutely not excited to play the team they beat 66-3 last year so they will sleepwalk the entire first half and only be ahead 42-0 at halftime. The Wake fans that were planning to go Klempton are flying to Vegas as betting the entire mortgage as the line is two touchdowns off.

Greene will run the fly pattern at least once and Kerns will throw a nice ball but Klempton cornerback will interfere with him and refs won’t throw the flag.

Hinton is our most electric receiver but will look slow compared to their defense.

I don't want to think about Clemson and just hope we escape without losing more troops for the season. Dabo can name the score and he is looking to make a statement regarding Clemson's place in the top 4. It will be ugly and embarrassing.

I don't want to think about Clemson and just hope we escape without losing more troops for the season. Dabo can name the score and he is looking to make a statement regarding Clemson's place in the top 4. It will be ugly and embarrassing.

+1

Yeah. BiffTannen has been telling you people this for months.

Clemson was always going to be a tall order. Missing like half of our best 8 players.......

I see that 93% of the money is on Klempton to cover the 35 and everyone is flying to Vegas and betting the mortgage and you can’t blame us. Everyone knows Kerns won’t keep it close and it’s about a 57-10 type of game.

Easy money.

Caught an early flight back from Vegas so I haven’t seen the score but assume when we land will find out we got the 50 point difference I called for and the mortgage is paid

If you can post on the boards, you can find the score.

Caught an early flight back from Vegas so I haven’t seen the score but assume when we land will find out we got the 50 point difference I called for and the mortgage is paid

Well, a little short of that.

Back