• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Yes but remember, two of those were drives that started at the 20 and the 7. The other two were alarming, particularly, the opening drive of the second half when they went right down the field with little resistance after we had stopped them the entire first half from getting into the end zone.

It's called "adjustmemnts", something Clawson has yet to comprehend.....

Nothing on here about Conor’s WSJ article on Steve Claude? Maybe on Duke game thread. ACC Network guys lauded the piece. Nice work, great story.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/c...cle_f1ab64a6-5a9f-55c1-9efb-7d3c14a65b77.html

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/c...cle_14cbdc9f-7650-5684-bac0-616f36e70139.html

Wake Forest has a glaring problem when it comes to covering kickoffs. “Obviously our kickoff coverage is atrocious. If we could just cover kicks, that would not have even been a close game,” Coach Dave Clawson said. “It happened in the Louisville game, and it reared its ugly head again.”
The Deacons surrendered two kickoff return touchdowns against Duke, and have given up three this season. Those aren’t the only kickoffs that have hurt — Louisville also brought one back to 15, while Boston College and Virginia Tech, just to name a couple more, swung momentum their ways with kick returns to midfield against Wake Forest.

On 71 kickoffs this season, opponents have only taken 16 touchbacks. “Obviously we have to do a better job of coaching that, and we’re not kicking it real well, and we’re not covering it real well,” Clawson said.

Last edited:
Due to the natural superstitions of sports and sports fans, Conor has a downside of Wake going 10-3 with a big bowl win. People will build a wall with sniper turrets and dig a moat filled with gators around his house to keep him in W-S to write about Wake football.

He did it for us!

Last edited:
Yes, Conor is very much like an eclipse as far as reporting goes. Conor's critiques are very direct, almost anti-septic, in his articles (whereas here he may take off those professional gloves and fully editorialize if inclined). Thus, the homer in all of us can read the Conor critiques and wince at the accuracy without getting stuck in some prideful misconception that he is dogging the Deacons for this or that institutional inadequacy.

Conor is an excellent reporter. He’s a huge upgrade over Dan in all facets especially his internet fan engagement.

Probably will wind up repeating myself from an earlier post or two in this thread, but ...

Thank you, yall. I'm over here blushing on a Monday. I try to make myself as available as I can to talk on here, on Twitter, on Facebook and in emails.

Specifically to the Claude story, that was one I thought knew what the story would be going into it and wound up learning (and writing) so much more about Steve than I thought I would. He opened up to me, his mom opened up to me, and they're the ones to thank for trusting me to tell the story.

OK, now I'm going home to finish the film review. Will be up late tonight, and then I'll have several stories tomorrow because we have earlier deadlines for Thanksgiving. ** it's the most wonderful time of the year **

Still have no idea how Jamie missed him by 10 yards when he was 10 yards clear of anyone.

Jamie needs another year. If he comes back, i think he would go in first two rounds in 2021. If he leaves now probably looking like 6th or 7th round. He has huge upside but needs more touch.

Jamie needs another year. If he comes back, i think he would go in first two rounds in 2021. If he leaves now probably looking like 6th or 7th round. He has huge upside but needs more touch.

Agree.
He’s only been our starting qb for a little over a year.
One more year could make a huge difference.

FWIW Connor, I have that that cleaning machine for my CPAP. It really is pretty great for someone too lazy to pop off the mask and clean it every couple days.

that video of the Duke player looking to sideline and then falling down on one knee and then walking off the field seconds later is pretty damning. I mean we all knew it was happening but that video leaves no doubt.

Back