• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Don’t like the comment “pro scouts wanted to see him outside the wake forest offense” let’s let all the local recruits read that say better not go to Wake

Conor, was this a Jamie quote or verified with any pro scouts? I don't doubt the sentiment but the same could be said of so many in a different system. Imagine Tua's numbers in an Air Raid offense. Or Megatron having played anywhere but Ga Tech. I am so glad we had Jamie as a Deacon but he is showing the "Me" side instead of the Team side moving so he looks better, not because he wants any team he is on to play better.

Conor, was this a Jamie quote or verified with any pro scouts? I don't doubt the sentiment but the same could be said of so many in a different system. Imagine Tua's numbers in an Air Raid offense. Or Megatron having played anywhere but Ga Tech. I am so glad we had Jamie as a Deacon but he is showing the "Me" side instead of the Team side moving so he looks better, not because he wants any team he is on to play better.

Anonymous source.

Unsure of where else to put this; I think there's a former Deacs in the NFL thread but can't find it ...

Caught up with Jessie Bates III, John Wolford and Phil Haynes in the past week. All three obviously young NFL players, but all with varying degrees of pro experience already and with different approaches to their offseasons.

So, kind of a mini-feature on each of them -- or a longform feature on all of them.

Nice update. I really like the bit on Phil Haynes. I think will end up being a long time starter.

Any news on Greg Dortch and how he’s doing?

Any news on Greg Dortch and how he’s doing?

Other than he signed a futures contract with the Rams (just like John) and appeared to have gone to the Super Bowl with his dad, I've got nothing.

Enjoyed the report, good job. Will hope to look for more forthcoming.

Thanks! Won't rule out possibility of other similar stories ... but wouldn't count on them. NFL teams make it pretty much impossible to just submit interview requests unless you cover the team regularly. I tried several different avenues to get the Bills to give me a Kevin Johnson interview, went nowhere.

The three in the story are three who I can reach out to directly and circumvent NFL media policies, which can be pretty arcane.

I do know that in a 2-3 week span of April, I think, the Wizards and Hawks both come to Charlotte. If I'm not busy with other things at that time/on those days, will love to get down there for stories on Ish and John Collins/Jeff Teague. (as long as none of them have been traded today, haven't been paying much attention to trade deadline.

Great article. Keep up the good work Conor!

PS: Man all the ads on that page - way overkill. My laptop was going into overdrive with fan running at full blast trying to process all the simultaneously running ad videos. Obviously I know Conor has absolutely no control over this. I guess that's the only way newspapers can survive in 2020 but holy crap, not a great reader experience.

That die has been cast for awhile now. Either recruits respect our record of success with Clawson’s offense or they don’t.

The problem is not the RPO. Tons of teams run it. Its Clawson's decision to run it 90% with no variation. That's the problem.

The problem is not the RPO. Tons of teams run it. Its Clawson's decision to run it 90% with no variation. That's the problem.

I agree dialing back the fraction of plays that are RPO might help that be more effective. Particularly adding some quick hitter runs and quick slant or quick short out or screen passes. Give the guys you are reading in the RPO more stuff to worry about.

Call a pass play, with the QB having the pre-snap option to audible to RPO if defense is in more blitz or pass coverage mode.

Lots of yards, runs and catches to go around should help recruiting. Lots of tackles too. Should help with recruiting depth since folks will play. I assume more players happy with PT makes for good comradere . Just need to stay healthy.

Back