• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

d3d2eed199fea659e9560ec6ac7e379a.jpg

Storm Duck...……..interesting name.
What were is parents thinking?

That there's no way to have a badass name when your last name is Duck. Storm is about as close as you can get.

It seemed like a hamstring and possibly weather related. I think he could have continued, and we decided to be cautious. I can't imagine Cade and Hinton won't be ready. I would really really really like to have Tyler Williams in there to create some push on Howell from the middle. I think that is going to be the key to creating confusion for Howell - pressure from the middle. He can prep for pressure on the ends. I have noticed we have run way more stunts with Boogie waiting a beat or two on his rush and circling around thru the middle. That works as long as you don't run it often. We really need some push up the middle ...

Robertson should be back at the slot.

When is the last time wake has been overrated in football?
At best, we're picked to finish in the "middle of the pack" of the ACC and when we are picked for that we usually do
mostly we're picked to be bottom feeders and are more "middle of the pack"....that and for the last 10 years or so the Atlantic has been consistently harder than the Coastal (with FSU and/or Clemmons being serious contenders during most of that stretch)

Clearly UNC will pick on Amari after they've watched tape on him for the first two games this year. I wonder if DC has thought about a strategy to possibly start a different CB in his spot to throw UNC's offensive strategy off to start the game. Not sure what effect that would have or if it's worth the risk of putting a less-experienced CB there, but for sure Amari needs to pick up his play for us to be successful Friday night. I could see Howell throwing a few deep TDs against Henderson unless we can somehow get some pressure on him...

Clearly UNC will pick on Amari after they've watched tape on him for the first two games this year. I wonder if DC has thought about a strategy to possibly start a different CB in his spot to throw UNC's offensive strategy off to start the game. Not sure what effect that would have or if it's worth the risk of putting a less-experienced CB there, but for sure Amari needs to pick up his play for us to be successful Friday night. I could see Howell throwing a few deep TDs against Henderson unless we can somehow get some pressure on him...

Agreed. I am worried about getting pressure on the UNC Qb. Hope they can put him on the turf a few times.

If UNC's game plan is to pick on Henderson, and he is not in the game, that wouldn't throw off UNC. They would just go after whomever takes his place. Have faith that Hemphill and Clawson will play the best players to make it harder for UNC to score. If it was Henderson, each of the last two weeks, it will likely be Henderson this week too.

Btw, if Cade is healthy and plays (which I'm hoping/assuming), I can't wait for him to make some tarhole his little bitch.

Part of me really thinks Carney was 98-100% healthy on Friday, but with his running style we made a decision that we should beat Rice without him with intention to give him 20+ carries against UNC.

Part of me really thinks Carney was 98-100% healthy on Friday, but with his running style we made a decision that we should beat Rice without him with intention to give him 20+ carries against UNC.

I tend to agree. I also think the decision has already been made that Walker is too good to redshirt, so it gave him a chance to get some reps. Speaking of, I hope we see a healthy dose of Cade/Walker on Friday with CBS coming out of the backfield for little short dump offs.

I tend to agree. I also think the decision has already been made that Walker is too good to redshirt, so it gave him a chance to get some reps. Speaking of, I hope we see a healthy dose of Cade/Walker on Friday with CBS coming out of the backfield for little short dump offs.

Yeah - haven't been overly impressed with CBS thus far. Has the ability for exceptional runs (see: 12 yard run versus USU) but Walker has already proved to be more consistent on a run-to-run basis in his short exposure.

Good with CBS as RB3, focusing on returns. Obviously a knee-jerk reaction.

I totally agree re Cade. He was resting up for the 25-30 carries he's going to have Saturday. I've said this a few times, but I also agree on using CBS as our 3rd down/passing back with Walker as the primary runner backing up Cade. Although one of my favorite plays against Utah State was the third down conversion where Cade initially blocked and then ran a route to the sideline with Jamie rolling the same way.

It seems like CBS was given the burner/slasher label early in his career but hasn’t really been impressive in actual game action. Happy to see that Walker is ready to play right away. Cade is such a physical runner that he’s bound to have some nicks here and there.

Back