• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

I've tried to argue with hole fans on Soc and most of them truly believe that they did nothing wrong bc they werent punished by NCAA. I've tried linking the NYTimes front page story that describes it as 'the largest academic fraud in history' etc etc, they are just like naaaw bro no wrongdoing fake news heeerrrrp deerrrrp, or at best they retreat to whataboutism (I had one guy say 'whatabout Elrod, he cheated too, which was just baffling, but I guess not baffling if you really dont comprehend how cheating works).

They are dumb. Its sad.

Lmao Utah st. Would route South Carolina they looked like a glorified high school team easily the worst team I seen play out of 20 week 1. And Miami was good win but wait until they beat someone before you crown yourselves Kings of college football lol.

Just filling you in on the weekly opponent board troll posts from our resident troll, james. If you're going to trash the opponent team on their own board (dumb), then at least speak English.

Who cares? Maybe 5% of people would understand your proposed sign/think it's funny. And that's being generous. Plus, there's an entire UNCHeat thread.

Do you have any thoughts about the actual game?

I do, and I have posted them. In summary:

* Pressure up the middle or at least a good push. Don't let Howell get comfortable stepping into his throws. Bummed we don't have Tyler Williams for this reason. Howell reminds me of a thicker Riley Skinner, not fast but agile in the pocket.
* Run the ball
* Short corners so same strategy as for Rice. They have a rover and a safety that are 6'3" so figure out where they are on the field.
* If we establish the run, throw over the middle behind linebackers; possibly as a wrinkle to the RPO - go OVER the pass option; I think UNC is going to send safeties to help with corners on the sideline routes, which could open up the middle for our TE or Robinson
* I would love to burn one of the games for Groulx with Hinton out for a number of reasons recruiting wise, but also on the assumption he is just as good at this stage as Isaacs

I've tried to argue with hole fans on Soc and most of them truly believe that they did nothing wrong bc they werent punished by NCAA. I've tried linking the NYTimes front page story that describes it as 'the largest academic fraud in history' etc etc, they are just like naaaw bro no wrongdoing fake news heeerrrrp deerrrrp, or at best they retreat to whataboutism (I had one guy say 'whatabout Elrod, he cheated too, which was just baffling, but I guess not baffling if you really dont comprehend how cheating works).

They are dumb. Its sad.

I think this article is pretty succinct: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/unc-investigation-athletes-pushed-into-fake-classes-by-counselors/

Just filling you in on the weekly opponent board troll posts from our resident troll, james. If you're going to trash the opponent team on their own board (dumb), then at least speak English.

I’m pretty certain I banned James to the Utah State boards. He belongs to them now.

Who in sports media is criticizing us playing this game? Usually they're all for figuring out how to rekindle rivalries that have ended due to conference realignment.

With Hinton out, I'm pretty sure there's nobody playing who played in the last game against UNC in 2015.

Justin Herron? He arrived at Wake in 2014, redshirted thst year, played 15, 16, 17, medical 18, playing 19.

ETA:
Checked the archives. Justin played in all 12 games in 2015, which includes u*NC. Interesting side note is that he had one unassisted tackle that season.

Last edited:
It's particularly funny in light of this...

jasoncoe.png

LOL, Sandhills CC alum versus Ivy Tech CC alum.

Rewatching the Rice game now. I love how Newman shakes everyone's hand after a TD like they just finished up a project meeting.

We really should have scored 49 against Rice. The officials robbed us twice. Scotty didn't run a pick play and Claude was tackled before the ball was tipped.

We really should have scored 49 against Rice. The officials robbed us twice. Scotty didn't run a pick play and Claude was tackled before the ball was tipped.

I thought the same - particularly the claude tackle.

We could have scored more but Clawson is too classy to run up the scores 70-0 the likes of Maryland and Howard

Since this is the "wear black" game I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at the uniform combo. Love the all blacks!

Back