• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

I do still wish our WF helmet decal was not shiny gold on a matte helmet, but flat gold. Apparently, the decal WAS flat gold on helmets in Spring camp ...

I'm partial to the classic gloss black helmet with the gold logos.

Sadly, it maybe a thing of the past but if they win in the matte black helmets, it's all good! :thumbsup:

Any cool stuff planned for this game like w/ USU? Flyovers, fireworks, bands, etc for the opener. This is nationally televised and will probably have at least 5k more in actual attendance.

Looking for 2 good seats and a parking pass to this game. Flying in Friday. Didn’t see a separate ticket thread. PM me or email me Brendan207 AT gmail dot com

Since this is the "wear black" game I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at the uniform combo. Love the all blacks!

Not a fan of all black particularly for night games. Love the gold helmets but also dig karma of the matte black and you don't change going 2for2 with the black.

Any cool stuff planned for this game like w/ USU? Flyovers, fireworks, bands, etc for the opener. This is nationally televised and will probably have at least 5k more in actual attendance.

I asked as well....hopefully at least fireworks.

If we are going to have a flyover then lets get a real one. No prop planes, no crop dusters, no biplanes from WWI, etc. I want a big, screaming missile-carrying warplane that buzzes the stadium at near mach speed and scares the crap out of school kids. The last good one I can recall was at a Duke game about 7 years ago. No more whimpy flyovers.

dunno about fireworks mattering for TV. it'll kick-off when it's still sunny out and I'm assuming as soon as the game is over they'll cut to the next game (which will probably have already started on ESPN News already given how long games run).

Not specifically for TV but for what will most likely be one of the biggest crowds of the year, except for maybe NC State. The WS band halftime show, pre-game band and fireworks didn't matter for TV either.

I like all black, but wish there were no WF on the helmet at all. Also would be cool if the jerseys were just black with no numbers or "Wake Forest" or stripes or anything. Black pants, black socks, black shoes.

I like all black, but wish there were no WF on the helmet at all. Also would be cool if the jerseys were just black with no numbers or "Wake Forest" or stripes or anything. Black pants, black socks, black shoes.

like the Smell the Glove album artwork

I dig it

black matte helmet with black WF. I think Oregon has done something like that.

I thought that we've done that already and the black WF was trimmed in gold outline.

Gloss black helmet still our classic look.

This

Bleacher Report predicts the game as UNC 35 - Wake 31.

gotta have numbers per NCAA rules (needed by the refs)

How about the team come out of the locker room dressed like Sting and carrying baseball bats. Kneecap all the chapel hill players and call it a night. Play each other in March on PPV with a cage around the field.

Not sure if it's been covered but Clawson mentioned in last night's show that they are trying to save Sam's year for a redshirt but if a situation arrises where he is needed to win a game, they will not hesitate to put him in.

How about the team come out of the locker room dressed like Sting and carrying baseball bats. Kneecap all the chapel hill players and call it a night. Play each other in March on PPV with a cage around the field.

Locker room? We'd need a locker room in the sky.

Back