• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

Not sure if it's been covered but Clawson mentioned in last night's show that they are trying to save Sam's year for a redshirt but if a situation arrises where he is needed to win a game, they will not hesitate to put him in.

Or even four games ?

Or even four games ?

No way your risk it to play him early in season until last 4 games of year in case Jamie were to go down in one of those last few games whereby Hartman could come in and take over and still keep RS while directing the Deacs to the BCS championship!

Wonder if there's a chance Claude (or Surratt) gets the start at slot over Roberson, given their production this year? I'm excited to see what Roberson can do, but Claude looked great against USU, and Sage is a matchup nightmare outside, so I'd rather keep him there against the smaller UNC corners.

Doubtful. Clawson seems committed to Sage on the inside without Roberson. Claude is a valuable backup on the outside.

Well shit, hai guyz!

Been awhile. deaconamo and Jmanslow still hang around?

Wonder if there's a chance Claude (or Surratt) gets the start at slot over Roberson, given their production this year? I'm excited to see what Roberson can do, but Claude looked great against USU, and Sage is a matchup nightmare outside, so I'd rather keep him there against the smaller UNC corners.

Clawson is pretty rigid when it comes to sub positions in the WR corps. I think to a fault.

This time it’s pretty clear he believes he’s got 5 WR who deserve to see the field then a huge gap before getting to the next tier. Two are slots and both haven’t been healthy at the same time yet. The best thing about them four have played and look very good.

Not sure if it's been covered but Clawson mentioned in last night's show that they are trying to save Sam's year for a redshirt but if a situation arrises where he is needed to win a game, they will not hesitate to put him in.

And you seem surprised? Of course he will use him win games as he can. Having said that, truly doubt Sam sees the field if JN goes down against Clemson and we are already down 3 scores. DC in!

Believe it or not, people actually debated whether Clawson would try to redshirt Hartman.

Clawson is pretty rigid when it comes to sub positions in the WR corps. I think to a fault.

Respectfully, I beg to differ on his handling of these guys as Coach has developed some 2&3 stArs into League potential receivers already.

If Scotty Washington blows up, it bodes well for Clawson turning Jones, Perry, and the kid who plays for that Baltimore HS into legit players after 3-4 years too.

Weather forecast is still thunderstorms in the pm.

That’s going to favor the power running team and hurts passing game.

So, hoping whatever it is clears out by 5:00 or so.

Seeing 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms pretty much the entire evening. Looks like it’s gonna be a toss up weather wise.

And you seem surprised? Of course he will use him win games as he can. Having said that, truly doubt Sam sees the field if JN goes down against Clemson and we are already down 3 scores. DC in!

I didn't say anything opinion based at all just relayed what was said on the show? It's been debated about on here for a while.

Respectfully, I beg to differ on his handling of these guys as Coach has developed some 2&3 stArs into League potential receivers already.

I’m ride or die for DC and have been since day 1, but there were stretches where for example we insisted on playing Cortez Lewis over getting Hines, Dortch, and Wade on the field together out of stubbornness over sub-positions at WR instead of putting the best guys on the field. I happen to think that was incorrect.

HUGE DEVELOPMENT: Dave Matthews tribute band playing in the fan zone prior to the game.

People always say this, but it doesn’t seem to be the case anecdotally anymore. I’ve seen some big passing games in pouring rain. I’d be interested in some data on how weather affects passing vs running.

Back