• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

Two predictions from The Athletic for the Deacs.

Stewart Mandel:

North Carolina at Wake Forest (-3), 6 p.m. ET Friday, ESPN
I’ve incorrectly picked against Mack Brown’s Tar Heels each of the past two weeks. Will the third time be the charm? UNC’s defense has performed surprisingly well, but I worry whether that can continue against a Wake offense that boasts two receivers, Scotty Washington and Sage Surratt, averaging 100 yards. Wake Forest 37, North Carolina 33

Bruce Feldman:

North Carolina at Wake Forest (-3), 6 p.m. ET Friday, ESPN
Mack Brown has two upsets in two weeks, but I think Wake defeats the Tar Heels here despite the impressive maturity from Sam Howell. Wake Forest 27, North Carolina 23

Greg McIlroy and Danny Kanell were doing a segment on ESPNU radio this morning called "Pump the brakes," basically talking about teams that may be overhyped right now. Somebody called in about UNC and they said they thought UNC could win as many as 8 games in the weak Coastal, but McIlroy said, "they will lose tomorrow to Wake Forest, which is pretty darn good team." Hopefully that isn't the sloppy wet kiss of death.

Weather forecast is still thunderstorms in the pm.

That’s going to favor the power running team and hurts passing game.

So, hoping whatever it is clears out by 5:00 or so.

Actually the thing I worry about more is not whether it's running or passing, but whether there's lightning that causes delays during the game. I think it's a disadvantage for the team that relies on uptempo offense. I don't want their D getting nice rests because of a weather delay. If it's just rain, I think we'll be ok.

Actually the thing I worry about more is not whether it's running or passing, but whether there's lightning that causes delays during the game. I think it's a disadvantage for the team that relies on uptempo offense. I don't want their D getting nice rests because of a weather delay. If it's just rain, I think we'll be ok.

both teams play uptempo on offense so it would probably be a wash. UNC doesn't have a lot of depth on defense though, so that might be a factor if WFU runs a lot of plays

Solid observation here.

ETA: I'm seeing only a 20% chance of anything tomorrow, though.

If so, we’re probably looking at a 4 hour game.

Unless the game is loaded with fast strike big plays.

Well hey at least this one starts at 6. I don't care if it takes 10 hours if Wake pulls the victory over the holes.

If so, we’re probably looking at a 4 hour game.

Unless the game is loaded with fast strike big plays.

Fast strike big plays are how you get a 4 hour game.

So LOWF to have a tribute band for a band that is still touring.

Still, I’d stop by to see the drummer.

So it's LOWF because we can't get a band that plays in arenas to swing by our Friday afternoon, only borderline evening football game and play a quick set before kick off?

There are still LOWF things at Wake (not have the money/b@lls to fire Manning leading that list), but that's not one.

BTW, I DESPERATELY want to take it to Carolina tomorrow. They've gotten a little too high and mighty a little too quickly. I would LOVE to be the ones to bring them back down to reality!

Paul Stone (he is a renown sports handicapper) picked WF -3 on Doug Kezirian's (the ESPN Betting Guy) podcast.

So it's LOWF because we can't get a band that plays in arenas to swing by our Friday afternoon, only borderline evening football game and play a quick set before kick off?

There are still LOWF things at Wake (not have the money/b@lls to fire Manning leading that list), but that's not one.

BTW, I DESPERATELY want to take it to Carolina tomorrow. They've gotten a little too high and mighty a little too quickly. I would LOVE to be the ones to bring them back down to reality!

It would be really nice to do to them what Maryland did to Syracuse last week.

Everybody remember the storm that came through last time with played the Holes at home?

Everybody remember the storm that came through last time with played the Holes at home?

Yeah, we made a mad dash for the gold lot so we could drink beer in my buddy's Tahoe (no beer in the stadium back then). There were tailgate tents whipping across the parking lot. Intense storm.

Looking for 4 tickets if anyone has any they are looking to sell. PM if interested. Thanks

Yeah, we made a mad dash for the gold lot so we could drink beer in my buddy's Tahoe (no beer in the stadium back then). There were tailgate tents whipping across the parking lot. Intense storm.

We were stuck in concourse behind the stands and you would've thought a tornado went through how the wind was whipping through there.

Back