• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

Lol at all the whining on this thread. ESPN game against UNC. I'm pumped. As Ph pointed out, the schedule has been out quite some time. Make arrangements. Colleges play on more than just Saturdays now.

Just saw a post on facebook by a member of the Demon Deacon Sports group asking for tickets to the UNC game for a couple of Tarheel friends of his. Disgusting!

The sadder and more disgusting thing is that he will get them.

As someone whose job requires him to work high school football games, I for one am not a fan of the Friday night games

There will tens of thousands watching it in the stands. Hundreds of thousands listening on the radio in N. Carolina and millions watching on ESPN all over the world. Even if it's background noise in a crowded bar, it help the Wake brand.

Actually, the 6 pm kickoff time is much better for us than the 8 pm time. :)

Anytime Thursday night would have been even better, however.

#notgrumblingdeac

#beattheheels.

Last edited:
The simple reason for a 6 pm start is money, and it’s money from TV which WF needs to compete.
Those fans without good excuses for tardiness will hopefully be in their seats early for this 6 pm game.

IF DRIVING WEST to WF, I 40 to Silas Creek to Reynolda Rd. to Polo Rd actually works best if you just refuse to take the best route: Bus. 40 to 52 North to Akron Dr to Reynolds Blvd.

AND BUS. 40 is NOW OPEN TO MAIN ST. Exit.

Bus 40 ramps to Main St are Open ONLY from the EAST. Single lane exit from the West still at Peters Creek. Silas creek will be crazy at regular rush hour anyway with bus 40 still not open thru. Anyway coming from the north is best.

This is good info for Wake fans, but what directions can you give UNC fans trying to get to the game (besides Go to Hell).

Athletic director

Y
Then you’re excused from attending, but be sure to listen to it........and be sure to use the PA system to make annouuevery time Wake scores.

This is good info for Wake fans, but what directions can you give UNC fans trying to get to the game (besides Go to Hell).

Just put this address in your navigation app: 222 N Wingate St, Wake Forest, NC 27587

I for one am ok with the Friday night game because it will give the holes one less day than us to recover. Really hoping Miami grinds out a ton of plays this weekend.

West on Bus 40 to Main St Exit, turn left onto 1st St., Left onto Peters Creek to I 40 Eastbound.

West on Bus 40 to Main St Exit, turn left onto 1st St., Left onto Peters Creek to I 40 Eastbound.

Nice! Those directions will send their ass straight back home. But really I prefer to at least have some their Wal-Mart fans there to be sobbing in the aftermath.

Nice! Those directions will send their ass straight back home. But really I prefer to at least have some their Wal-Mart fans there to be sobbing in the aftermath.

I hope Mack makes it at least so we can laugh at his ridiculous "dancing"

The best news on this thread is the 915 pm start of the next game. Hopefully this will not be another 4 hour ordeal with that douche in red marching out with each change in possession for 4 minute Bojangles commercials.

Tickets

The best news on this thread is the 915 pm start of the next game. Hopefully this will not be another 4 hour ordeal with that douche in red marching out with each change in possession for 4 minute Bojangles commercials.

Back