• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

My plan to avoid traffic mess: Leave early. Stay overnight.

I will help the unc fans out with the quickest directions. Take I-40 West (from the Triangle) to W-S and take 52-North. Go about 40 miles to the Mount Airy exit then follow highway 87 and the stadium will be about 6 miles on the right. Traffic volume is much less going this way

I was prepared to take 1.5 days off work for the Thursday night but only having to take a half day now for Friday night works for me. Also the 6pm start allows for my 3 year old to run around on the hill for a few more hours than the 8pm kick would. Selfish reasons I know, but my reasons for not minding the change too much.

Friday night games are much preferable for me at this point in my family life, but I can understand why it sucks for people with high schoolers.

Questions post Rice:
1)Will DC start Walker against the Cheaters?
2)Will Scotty BEGIN to grasp that THE essential ingredient for running WITH the ball is CATCHING it?
3)How will Newman AND the OL handle having to check down in the progressions as receivers are actually covered by real DBs?
4)What will become of CBS?
5)Status of Carney is?
6)Will defense start playing in the 1st Quarter for a change?
—Other questions?

Last edited:
I mean we won’t start Walker over carney if cade is healthy. Cade is an absolute stud.

Cade is going to start and be the workhorse against UNC. CBS will continue to be the #2 but Walker will at least be his equal by the end of the season.

I think Walker has more lead back potential. I like CBS, but he's a better change of pace back.

I think Walker has more lead back potential. I like CBS, but he's a better change of pace back.

But we don’t change the pace when he’s in. It’s just 2:1 series swapping with Carney. If we are going to use our RB interchangeably and having them assume the same role, Walker fits better.

One mark for CBS though is he seems to be our best pass protection back, which for now, will probably keep him above a true freshman.

Colburn was a nice combo of all those traits.

I think CBS is the best route runner/receiver. Walker looks like the real deal. After this year I could see Walker becoming the primary runner and CBS the 3rd down back.

The kids on our team haven't been a part of this rivalry so the luster is off a little bit. Do they know how much we hate UNC and how big this game is to the fans and program?

The kids on our team haven't been a part of this rivalry so the luster is off a little bit. Do they know how much we hate UNC and how big this game is to the fans and program?

We have some key players from North Carolina.
I’m sure they make sure the rest of the team knows the importance of this game.

This may very well turn out to be the biggest game of the season even in hindsight. Barring a total collapse down the stretch a win will get us halfway to bowl eligibility with our FCS team left and it's probably the closest game to a toss up that we're going to have.

Strnad mentioned how important it is in last night’s postgame interview and he’s from Florida. No worries!

Back