• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

Guys get big. This is a W for Wake.

Our QB is better. We are better coached. UNC is yet to play a real game on the road (a game in Charlotte is a home game for UNC, sadly so may be a game in Winston). Karma should dictate that UNC loses and loses badly. Wake owns the state of North Carolina. Swahili sucks. Play some more Kenneth Walker. Our Surratt is better. Boogie is going to get his. UNC is giving up 4.5 ypc right now, Cade Carney will run for 150. The secondary enforcer Nasir Greer comes back. Wake by 8.

I like what you’re saying here.
Especially, our Surratt is better than your Surratt.

Ah yes, I see the old "we are Wake's super bowl" talk is alive and well on IC. You'd think they would be due for a letdown game in this spot.

Ah yes, I see the old "we are Wake's super bowl" talk is alive and well on IC. You'd think they would be due for a letdown game in this spot.

why would you even look at that site...you are gaurunteed a loss in IQ regardless of how little time is spent with your eyes open

That's rich. These guys have been awful for the last few years...They're having a good start(2 wins)to the season and already beaming with their traditional arrogance. You can take the Tar Heel fan out of the shitty person but you can't take the shitty person out of the Tar Heel fan.

Yeah typical UNC arrogance. The fans out there saying "I had no idea this was a big game for Wake football fans" are the same UNC fans who came to games at Kenan as empty seats for the last three years.

I don't know how much this will be talked about this week, but I think one thing should be clear (but probably isn't for UNC fans or the media): Newman is better than Howell right now. Howell may turn out to be an excellent QB in his career and he has had a solid first couple games, but Newman is a better QB than Howell as we go into week three.

Yeah typical UNC arrogance. The fans out there saying "I had no idea this was a big game for Wake football fans" are the same UNC fans who came to games at Kenan as empty seats for the last three years.

Most common sentence from UNC fans I've been reading is the sarcastic "oh but I thought Mack was 'too old'???"

I'm trying not to over hype this game in my head, but I want us to beat them sooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!

Who is kidding who? This is a big game for both teams. I am always amazed that every year teams that start 2-0 or 3-0 feel like they are championship bound and then there are a few teams that start out 1-2 and fans think the sky is falling. Football is such a long season and teams that succeed through the back half usually get better week after week - or at least they put together 5 or 6 weeks in a row in which they get better each game.

I personally feel comfortable in putting my money on Clawson. He surely knows the key is the confuse and pressure Howell early or at opportune times. Not sure if we will succeed, but the pieces are there. Would be an important win. I expect that we will, but UNC is certainly playing to their potential right now. Will be curious to see how they do as the season progresses. I see some holes in their D as it relates to running and over in the middle passing.

Mack is a good coach, but the bottom line is that our staff has been around our guys for a few years to 6 years so I feel good about our preparation. Will be fun to watch. I think it matters that we get an extra day of prep and rest.

Most common sentence from UNC fans I've been reading is the sarcastic "oh but I thought Mack was 'too old'???"

every time they showed him on the sideline, he was just standing there, not talking to anyone, no headset on

every time they showed him on the sideline, he was just standing there, not talking to anyone, no headset on

I think Mack serves the role of program promoter and cheerleader at this point in his career. Kind of like a gray haired Dabo, but with hopefully much less success.

SP+ Rankings for the first two teams we've played, UNC, and Wake:

Utah State: 54th overall; 17th offense; 100th defense
Rice: 123rd overall; 120th offense; 98th defense
UNC: 56th overall; 41st offense; 79th defense

Wake: 50th overall; 32nd offense; 88th defense

Based on the current ratings, Wake was projected to beat Utah State by 2.5 and won by 3, projected to beat Rice 23 and won by 20 (Rice's last touchdown is, however, excluded as it went to garbage time so for SP+ purposes Wake won by 27) Wake is projected to beat UNC by 2.5 (same margin as Utah State).

In no way is this a Super Bowl to me (I mean come on, there can only be one Super Bowl and it's versus BC) but this is and should be a big game. In-state conference teams should want to especially beat each other. The teams scheduled a non-conference game versus each other so that they'd actually play. Obviously this game matters to the schools, players, and fans.

UNC fans can be as arrogant as they want but in-state rivalry games matter, no matter which schools are playing.

Right regardless of how fans feel about a local "rivalry" this game is massive for both teams. First road game for UNC against an undefeated in-state opponent with a chance to go to 3-0 and get ranked. Home game for the Deacs against the flagship state institution on Friday night ESPN with a chance to get to 3-0 and hold serve against the first P5 opponent of the year. Win is big for both teams as far as bowl chances go.

We fully expect to have Cade and Hinton playing, right? And Nasir?

Back