• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stupid wifi technology question

Skydog Deac

Reaction score
I have wifi in my house through Xfinity/Comcast. My wife has a studio in the back yard about 120 feet away from the house, it doesn't hold the wifi well. Is there a way to boost the wifi signal so that she would be able to tie a device (laptop) into the signal? Do I use some kind of wifi network extender, get another router, etc.?

Does anyone know if there's a way to change a .png file into a .jpg file?

Or at least change .png into something that can be modified?

THX

I am puzzled and a bit worried about something that is happening on my computer.

My mouse is jumping all over the place. It's brand new.

How can I fix it?

My Firefox was crashing. so I uninstalled it.

The I downlaoded it. After I saved it came up with a box abotu "Administrator and Password. I've NEVER done anything like this before.

So I change to it me.

It won't let me open it.

What gives?

Thanks...

On my tablet, the little circular thing that shows up by the cursor when you downloading keeps on and going.

Is this bad?

How can it be fixed?

Thanks.

Somehow a large portion of my sent emails disappeared from Outlook yesterday. I guess I was mistakenly unworried about being able to retrieve them from the company where my email originates. Then they said they didn't have them. This puzzled me.

Was I wrong to think that if XYZ company provides your email for godeacs@ogb.com that they would have all the emails even if they are forwarded to Outlook or sent through Outlook with godeacs@ogb.com as the sending address through Outlook from the email?

Isn't underlying service through them?

Thx

I guess my Outlook (a new one) is having ANOTHER problem with Outlook. I can't sent or receive from it.

However if I use MyEmail from the same computer, I CAN sent and receive.

I've shut down and restarted SEVERAL times.

Any ideas?

thx

I've gone to the help section but haven't been able to find the answer to THIS question.

Is there an easy way to cross-reference your Followers to those you follow?

Thanks.....

Last week I got suckered into checking out a new format on LinkedIn that lists contacts by date of last contact with the contact. I really don't like it that way and would like to put it back to reverse alphabetical.

My question is does ANYONE know how to do this?

I've tried to figure it out. I've even sent two emails to their help desk. Nothing...

Thanks.....

I just started using Google Chrome.

Where do I find delete cookies and temp internet files?

Thanks..

I think I know the answer to this question and it's I can't do what I want to do what.

Here goes.

I've received WELL OVER 100 emails that I need to respond to nearly all in a similar fashion. I was wondering if there was a way to be able to put them into a file to make a list without actually taking the time to create the list

Thanks....

Hi, Can anyone create a forum like for this for their own use?

Basically I'm asking is this an open source template that anyone can access?

Thx...

I saw a story on this the other day. The professor had a valid point.

Even as recently as TWENTY years ago, people had to read or go to libraries to learn things. By doing so we would actually learn the data.

Today with Altavista, Bing, and ASKJEEVES, etc., people realize the information is at their fingertips 24/7. They don't need to TRULY learn it.

What say you?

Thx

I have wifi in my house through Xfinity/Comcast. My wife has a studio in the back yard about 120 feet away from the house, it doesn't hold the wifi well. Is there a way to boost the wifi signal so that she would be able to tie a device (laptop) into the signal? Do I use some kind of wifi network extender, get another router, etc.?

a powerline extender might be useful if the studio is on the same electrical circuit as the house

How do powerline networks work?

These networks use a combination of networking hardware and electrical wires to create a reliable, direct connection between an internet router and an end-device. Like a WiFi booster, a Powerline adapter is directly connected to a router via an Ethernet cable. The adapter is then plugged into a power socket, allowing network data to travel via the electrical system into a receiving adapter in another location. The receiving adapter, which also has an Ethernet port, can then be directly connected to any other device with Ethernet connectivity (televisions, gaming consoles, laptops, etc). Many brands of Powerline adapters also manufacture compatible extenders, making it possible to establish a directly connected WiFi signal in a different room from the original router / access point.

Thought The Pit was "The place for off-topic discussion.". Guess you're having a bad Monday? Or have nothing better to do? I'm guessing nothing better to do. I am thankful I am not you.

this thread DELIVERS. (I think ITC's advice is the helpful one, but the rest is terrific.)

I need to be less stingy with rep, I keep trying to give Sokolove more but I apparently need to "spread it around". My tech question is - can the mods make a Sokolove rep exception?

yeah the ability to offer a perfectly placed RJ post into any conversation is really an amazing talent.

Back