• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calling Wake Forest Students

it's all about the bread and circuses, friend. never forget that sports are entertainment, nothing more

it's all about the bread and circuses, friend. never forget that sports are entertainment, nothing more

Exactly. Give them free food before and free booze after. Our fraternity sure as hell didn't want to have on-campus lounge parties when Wake was pushing keeping parties on-campus in the late 00s, but we definitely threw some when Wake started providing stipends that could be used towards booze. Bought the entire supply of $8.88 Natty Light 18 packs at the Reynolda Teeter on stipend money one Friday. Think we also ordered 200 McDoubles that night for late night food.

I'm just hoping that the students will wear any color pastels other than baby blue. That would be a win in my book.

What absolute crap! This generation isn't even there at the start of the games. Maybe if you offer vape pens, lattes and free car detailing, students will come to the games. This board's regulaar obsession with clothes is bizarre....but considering the boring gameday clothing choices most Wake students and alums have amde for the fapst hlaf a century its warranted. Every Wake guy fan looks the same. Do we have Stepford students?

I guess it is idiotic to think MILLENNIAL adults should take some responsibility for themselves and show up to games rather than blaming others who did terrible things like send them to Wake and grad schools and business, support them, etc. But's it's the fault of boomersthat subsequent generations aren't handed the WORLD on a silver platter.

Our generation created amost of what yyou MILLENNIALS uses. no iPads, no PCs, no shopping malls....no surround sound....no microwave popcorn....

You can't deny that if the MILLENNIAL;'s learned to show up to vote everyone does, Trump wouldn't be POTUS and we would have the first BLACK female governor.

You will dance try to blame everyone but you, but the truth is this generation will blame the losses on everyone but themselves.

greatest parody poster of all time. HOF.

You think soccer would get as much attendance if it was placed at BB&T Field as it does being played at Spry?

Yes. The students are at BB&T, they just leave early (or don’t come in).

Most of the crowd at Spry is locals. Sometimes the students show up, but not always. Despite that, the men always have a good crowd (because they are always top 5 in the country).

I don't think the on campus argument has anything to do with it, but yes if Wake Forest was ranked #1 in the country in football I would expect more students to show up and support the games. Big difference between a program not being ranked in 10 years versus a program that has been ranked #1 in the country multiple times in the past few years and has a history of competing for NCAA Championships.

Vandy students show up for and stay through games far more than WFU students.

the only way to keep people in the seats to the end on a consistent basis is to have fun, exciting games against good opponents and win the most of the time

Alabama and Saban just implemented Tide Loyalty points since their students need incentives via the app, to stay at the games. #GenZ???

Agree with PH. Soccer gets good attendance on campus from students because they can sit on the hill and drink beer. I suppose that the younger crowd and families would come out wherever it’s located (as long as they still played in Spry rather than actually playing at BB&T - which is a top soccer stadium in D1 soccer).

They just spent a million bucks on Spry (turf, locker rooms, etc.). They're not moving to BB&T (AKA Truist) Field

Alabama and Saban just implemented Tide Loyalty points since their students need incentives via the app, to stay at the games. #GenZ???

It's hard to keep their attention during a 62-10 beatdown of New Mexico State, and Western Carolina is lurking in late November.

There’s definitely some truth to that. Especially when you grew up watching almost any game you want on your phone.

Yeah. A kid who grew up a Bama fan could watch any game with other Bama fans through the magic of the internet. Going to actual games is less convenient.

Vandy students show up for and stay through games far more than WFU students.

ok sure

That flabbergasted response is how many in the Vanderbilt community feel about fledgling student attendance at Vanderbilt Football games. Against MTSU on opening night, attendance got a boost from freshmen required to be there for the Anchor Dash. In Week Two against Nevada, however, there were likely 50-100 students at the game at kickoff and that number dropped even further as the game wore on.

Vandy had a pretty good turnout for their Labor Day weekend game against Georgia.

I set the over/under on current students who read these boards at 5.

I set the over/under on current students who read these boards at 5.

Agreed. Why would students at Wake Forest be on the Internet with a bunch of olds talking about Wake Forest? They have plenty of people to talk to about it.

Back