• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calling Wake Forest Students

I was impressed with the students tonight. A decent turnout and a good, not great, number of them stayed for the entire game

I was impressed with the students tonight. A decent turnout and a good, not great, number of them stayed for the entire game

Yep, my thoughts exactly. The students really turned out for the first half and more stayed than normal for the 2nd half. Still not enough, but better, baby steps.

Yep. Good job students.
Good turnout and they really seemed into it.
Couldn’t pick a better game to get students fired up about football and to learn about hating the baby blues.

Students were awesome. We have some passionate students and I’m certain that another 50 or so were most likely sucked into caring about the team for the rest of the season. Just have to win them over game by game.

On that note, Wake fans were VERY loud last night. I certainly did my part and lost my voice midway through the 3rd. Yeah, a lot of heel fans were there but we drowned them out and were as loud on 3rd down as some games back in 2006-2008. Was really proud and hope it was as loud on TV as it was in person. Go Deacs! Fun season so far and fun season ahead.

Now if this site ever gets update to work with mobile, more than 3 students may actually read this... then imagine the impact!

Current students don’t use websites. We’d have to be on Instagram or Twitter and have threads in the comment sections.

They won’t use Tapatalk?

They won’t use Tapatalk?

To post on a forum? Doubt it. Forums are Web 1.0. The majority of people here started posting on wake sports forums before social media took over the world. The average 20 year old today is not going to seek out a forum to talk sports. They’ll do it on the apps they already use (Instagram, Twitter, youtube).

I sat next to an '18 grad. He said Wake has gone back to block seating for students, which allows frats, sororities, and other groups to sit with their friends. That was the custom when I was in school. I assumed he meant that it was new this year, but didn't ask him to clarify.

To post on a forum? Doubt it. Forums are Web 1.0. The majority of people here started posting on wake sports forums before social media took over the world. The average 20 year old today is not going to seek out a forum to talk sports. They’ll do it on the apps they already use (Instagram, Twitter, youtube).

This. The average age of the posters here goes up by 1 every 365 days.

Yw9uyZ8.jpg

I sat next to an '18 grad. He said Wake has gone back to block seating for students, which allows frats, sororities, and other groups to sit with their friends. That was the custom when I was in school. I assumed he meant that it was new this year, but didn't ask him to clarify.

That was a good custom. If the game sucked, you could always count on some outrageous performances in the student section.

Back