• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calling Wake Forest Students

This. The average age of the posters here goes up by 1 every 365 days.

I often wonder how old our youngest posters are. I’m 38, and I honestly feel like I’m on the lower end of the age range on here. Especially after the childhood crushes thread on the pit.

Graduated in 2012. I'd be surprised if there's many, if any, posters after this class. There was still post-ACC championship buzz in football and the basketball program wasn't a dumpster fire for the first half of undergrad. Us being the last class where it was worth giving a shit coupled with message boards not being something the current generation of Wake students came up with makes a strong case for this I think.

I'm a student here, lol. I know of a couple people who talk on r/CFB but no one mentions this.

Of note, I made a pretty good, not awesome, poster to bring to the game, and security wouldn't let it pass. I tried to fold it up and sneak it under my shirt but the large, African-American security guard said if I tried to bring it in one more time I wasn't going to be allowed in for the day. It's a stupid policy. I wasn't going to hold it up during play, just during commercial breaks/halftime.

https://imgur.com/a/FAEave8

Y
I'm a student here, lol. I know of a couple people who talk on r/CFB but no one mentions this.

Of note, I made a pretty good, not awesome, poster to bring to the game, and security wouldn't let it pass. I tried to fold it up and sneak it under my shirt but the large, African-American security guard said if I tried to bring it in one more time I wasn't going to be allowed in for the day. It's a stupid policy. I wasn't going to hold it up during play, just during commercial breaks/halftime.

That’s pretty lame considering the UNC fan in front of me had a poster in her hands the entire game..

Would you have been less upset if the security guard was a white guy? What difference did it make that he was African-American? Why mention his race?

Would you have been less upset if the security guard was a white guy? What difference did it make that he was African-American? Why mention his race?

Bingo...

BTW, there's no chance that poster would have been shown on TV or mentioned on radio.

Well, probably one less student poster on here now...
Kid, this is a tough bunch; everybody with the exception of Republicans and OWG's are 100% hands-off. Don't know why you mentioned race either, but maybe it was just a throwaway to see if anyone else encountered the same guy (or maybe it was a gal?).
Regardless, thanks for a) showing up for the game b) actually going to the trouble to make a sign to inject a little extra into the game day atmosphere, and c) posting from a student perspective.

OK, agree. But perhaps the guard also impressed him as a no-nonsense, imposing, security guard. Those are positives features for a security guard.

It's too wordy. Posters are quick snippets.

The subject matter is very old. The issue has been "settled" and ESPN wants nothing to do with it.

Maybe students should cut the posters into pieces and put together inside.

BTW, stopping posters has been going on for years. It's always been a cowardly BS.

Back