• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calling Wake Forest Students

bp89

Reaction score
For any of you reading this and for those of you who are attending the game on Friday night...will you please stay to the end! This team deserves it and this game demands it.

I don't think we've had a student poster in years. Also, it would be wise if the AD came up with a way to bribe students who stay til the end. Swipe your Deacon Card on the way out and get a free case of White Claw(son). Genius.

What absolute crap! This generation isn't even there at the start of the games. Maybe if you offer vape pens, lattes and free car detailing, students will come to the games. This board's regulaar obsession with clothes is bizarre....but considering the boring gameday clothing choices most Wake students and alums have amde for the fapst hlaf a century its warranted. Every Wake guy fan looks the same. Do we have Stepford students?

I guess it is idiotic to think MILLENNIAL adults should take some responsibility for themselves and show up to games rather than blaming others who did terrible things like send them to Wake and grad schools and business, support them, etc. But's it's the fault of boomersthat subsequent generations aren't handed the WORLD on a silver platter.

Our generation created amost of what yyou MILLENNIALS uses. no iPads, no PCs, no shopping malls....no surround sound....no microwave popcorn....

You can't deny that if the MILLENNIAL;'s learned to show up to vote everyone does, Trump wouldn't be POTUS and we would have the first BLACK female governor.

You will dance try to blame everyone but you, but the truth is this generation will blame the losses on everyone but themselves.

Last edited:
I don't think we've had a student poster in years. Also, it would be wise if the AD came up with a way to bribe students who stay til the end. Swipe your Deacon Card on the way out and get a free case of White Claw(son). Genius.

or just win games

During the past three seasons, we’ve won enough games to play in and win three bowls. I don’t know what you think the ceiling is for WFU football, but how many more games do we have to win before students support the team?

I think winning gets them to games. It doesn’t keep them there until the end. Especially on a Friday night. They are leaving at halftime, and you’ll find packs of freshmen wandering around Polo Rd on your drive home looking for a party.

The UNC game is early for a night game. Students can stay and still be at parties by 10. I assume there will be quad rolling, right?

Soccer attendance supports the winning argument and on campus arena arguments.

the only way to keep people in the seats to the end on a consistent basis is to have fun, exciting games against good opponents and win the most of the time

Soccer attendance supports the winning argument and on campus arena arguments.

I don't think the on campus argument has anything to do with it, but yes if Wake Forest was ranked #1 in the country in football I would expect more students to show up and support the games. Big difference between a program not being ranked in 10 years versus a program that has been ranked #1 in the country multiple times in the past few years and has a history of competing for NCAA Championships.

You think soccer would get as much attendance if it was placed at BB&T Field as it does being played at Spry?

You think soccer would get as much attendance if it was placed at BB&T Field as it does being played at Spry?

Agree with PH. Soccer gets good attendance on campus from students because they can sit on the hill and drink beer. I suppose that the younger crowd and families would come out wherever it’s located (as long as they still played in Spry rather than actually playing at BB&T - which is a top soccer stadium in D1 soccer).

Oh man, I just realized that DR is PhDeac !

Makes sense though: DR = Dr. = PhD.

giphy.gif

Agree with PH. Soccer gets good attendance on campus from students because they can sit on the hill and drink beer. I suppose that the younger crowd and families would come out wherever it’s located (as long as they still played in Spry rather than actually playing at BB&T - which is a top soccer stadium in D1 soccer).

The booze flowing on the hill should never be underestimated. Soccer does a great job of building a following with locals too. It’s also a lot easier to pack Spry than 30k seats anywhere.

where do students tailgate now that the tennis center replaced the lot?

I think winning gets them to games. It doesn’t keep them there until the end. Especially on a Friday night. They are leaving at halftime, and you’ll find packs of freshmen wandering around Polo Rd on your drive home looking for a party.

Which simply means students aren’t going to support the team. They’d rather party on Polo Rd. (used to be a dangerous place, but times may have changed). I’d like to see a Wake Forest student body that supports a team that has achieved Clawson-level success. The team deserves it. But if the students won’t support this team, then they won’t support the team.

Back