• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calling Wake Forest Students

I have watched Gameday. Effective posters are not ones that are 100% covered in words. You should blink and get it.

I have watched Gameday. Effective posters are not ones that are 100% covered in words. You should blink and get it.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/09/14/college-gameday-signs-iowa-iowa-state/

Umm, no? Just from last week...

CcQrxHtW0AA29F0.jpg

Would you have been less upset if the security guard was a white guy? What difference did it make that he was African-American? Why mention his race?

That's a quite the jump. I included that in case anyone had any experience with him/knew other, chiller security guards that would let that pass. Jeez.

Graduated in 2012. I'd be surprised if there's many, if any, posters after this class. There was still post-ACC championship buzz in football and the basketball program wasn't a dumpster fire for the first half of undergrad. Us being the last class where it was worth giving a shit coupled with message boards not being something the current generation of Wake students came up with makes a strong case for this I think.
I'm class of 2014 and am 27 now. Don't know of any regulars after me.

I'm class of 2014 and am 27 now. Don't know of any regulars after me.

Good info - thanks. I'm an older guy (50 year season ticket holder) but I tend to think the soccer threads have considerable support in current students and new grads. I was sorry to see the men's soccer team played Pitt during the WFU-UNC football game. Anyone know attendance figures there? Wake is not big enough to have big crowds at multiple major events. I think the soccer schedule should have been altered.

Good info - thanks. I'm an older guy (50 year season ticket holder) but I tend to think the soccer threads have considerable support in current students and new grads. I was sorry to see the men's soccer team played Pitt during the WFU-UNC football game. Anyone know attendance figures there? Wake is not big enough to have big crowds at multiple major events. I think the soccer schedule should have been altered.

The soccer team played Pitt in Pittsburgh

It was a pleasant surprise to see a near full student section. I hope the students who attended bring a friend who didn't attend to the game Saturday. No matter how we may try, a large, vibrant and vocal student section means the most to the players.

Glad the students came to the game and enjoyed the evening at the game. However, it was very weird to see on the broadcast the narrowing of the lens for the camera shot at the end of the game with the team thanking the students in the student section because there were mostly empty seats after the 5th row up. The students are really going to miss some great 4th quarter football this year at this rate but that is their prerogative.

Currie was very smart to simply work to motivate the students to be in their seats early!

Glad the students came to the game and enjoyed the evening at the game. However, it was very weird to see on the broadcast the narrowing of the lens for the camera shot at the end of the game with the team thanking the students in the student section because there were mostly empty seats after the 5th row up. The students are really going to miss some great 4th quarter football this year at this rate but that is their prerogative.

Currie was very smart to simply work to motivate the students to be in their seats early!

Agreed. I love how hard Currie and staff are working trying to right the ship on fan/students support. The student support is critical though. Gotta have those jacked up kids in the stands ready to make some noise so the rest of the stadium feeds off of that.

Graduated in 2012. I'd be surprised if there's many, if any, posters after this class. There was still post-ACC championship buzz in football and the basketball program wasn't a dumpster fire for the first half of undergrad. Us being the last class where it was worth giving a shit coupled with message boards not being something the current generation of Wake students came up with makes a strong case for this I think.

Thought you were older than 2012. Good to see other's from our class posting here!

Back