• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bolton Fired...via Twitter

Bolton is a great symbol of just how loony and far to the fringe the GOP has moved. When he served as interim UN Ambassador in Dubya's administration, he was regarded as an extreme right-winger, warmonger, and something of a kook. He stepped down as UN Ambassador because his extreme anti-UN views, and positions in other areas of foreign policy, made it unlikely that he would have been confirmed by the Senate. In Trump's administration, however, he barely registered on the nuttiness or political extremity scale, and he becomes just another in a long line of veteran GOP operatives who have been humiliated by Trump and either fired or forced out in disgrace (not that most of them had much dignity or credibility to begin with.) LOL.

Last edited:
The trouble is I can't LOL. There are literally, to quote Rob Lowe, no adults remaining in this administration. Trump is a 6 year old with a bad temper, and there is not a single person left who will tell him what is lawful/unlawful or who will stand up to him. Add to that, there is at least a 30-40% chance he'll be re-elected.

The trouble is I can't LOL. There are literally, to quote Rob Lowe, no adults remaining in this administration. Trump is a 6 year old with a bad temper, and there is not a single person left who will tell him what is lawful/unlawful or who will stand up to him. Add to that, there is at least a 30-40% chance he'll be re-elected.

Bolton was not an adult in the room. The guy presented a clear risk to American security. I know we want to spin everything into a bad thing, but Bolton no longer getting a say at the table is a positive.

Bolton was not an adult in the room. The guy presented a clear risk to American security. I know we want to spin everything into a bad thing, but Bolton no longer getting a say at the table is a positive.

I too am pretty pleased that Bolton is gone, but firing the national security adviser via twitter?...come, the fuck, on.

As far back as 2015 some of us knew Trump would be a clown show Administration.

Did you expect anything different from this clown show?

Why was he hired in the first place if everyone knew this about him (“he’s dangerous”)?

Incompetence at every level.

I have very bad news for you

Why was he hired in the first place if everyone knew this about him (“he’s dangerous”)?

Incompetence at every level.

Because the Trump administration has surrounded itself with the worst people since day one.

This is an appointed position. Needing a week to name a replacement...I'm kind of shocked he is not holding open auditions on Fox.

ETA: He probably is.

I don't think you were exactly going out on a limb with that take, Nostradamus

Apparently it wasn't. He won.

I don't think you were exactly going out on a limb with that take, Nostradamus

Something like 63 million people and 90% of republicans didn’t see this coming and not only voted for this clown show, they apparently still support him.

Hopefully, Dems will play up how Trump and his family are personally making millions from being in the WH. If the trade wars are still going on, this will be even more effective.

It's up to Dem messaging. If they do it correctly, they win in another blue wave. If they wuss out, it could be a crap shoot.

If it’s up to Dem messaging, we are fucked

Hopefully, Dems will play up how Trump and his family are personally making millions from being in the WH. If the trade wars are still going on, this will be even more effective.

It's up to Dem messaging. If they do it correctly, they win in another blue wave. If they wuss out, it could be a crap shoot.

It’s up to basebuilding, man. The message should come from the base because Democrats are politicians that represent their bases.

The blue wave is going to come with GOTV, canvassing, and advocating for policies that help everyday folks are struggling.

#WarrIn

Back