• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Read the middle Carolina short article

Yeah, forward that nonsense to Clawson. Further fuel

Pretty ridiculous response for a team rated outside the top 50 by most metrics but okay.

“Sleeping giant”

tune-up....TUNE-UP ???

THEY ARE 3 POINT DOGS....SINCE WHEN IS THAT BEING A 'TUNE-UP' GAME !

Who is this Rohan clown, an intern maybe ?

UNC right now provides the rare opportunity for someone to use the term "overrated" for an unranked team and yet it still be appropriate.

That analysis is shockingly bad.

UNC at 10-2 or 11-1? Let's pump the brakes.

I'd be less surprised if they ended up like 3-9.

We are going to smoke them on Friday night.

These fucks somehow missed they have been playing in the Coastal division since we last played. Wake Forest has played a dozen teams better than these posers over the years. Clemson good is where we have to be. They are looking at Pitt or Uva good. Fuck 'em.

We layed 59 on the last Coastal team we played. They had a first round draft choice at QB. Carolina hype is fake news.

Are the "Fighting Mack Browns" for real? Young quarterback, two big wins, a head coach in Year 1... Should the ACC start paying more attention to North Carolina?

In a word: Yes. True freshman quarterback Sam Howell . . . In his first two games—wins over South Carolina and Miami—he’s thrown for 519 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions. Now, he’s got two tune-up games against Wake Forest and Appalachian State before No. 1 Clemson comes to town on Sep. 28.
Say North Carolina loses to Clemson. . . UNC only plays one other team that’s currently ranked, No. 25 Virginia . . . on Nov. 2. Having Mack Brown, an experienced head coach, could help the Tar Heels run the table, too. . . .If Howell continues to play steady, mistake-free football, I could see North Carolina going 10–2, 11–1, and earning a re-match against Clemson in the ACC Championship Game.

That analysis is shockingly bad.

UNC at 10-2 or 11-1? Let's pump the brakes.

I'd be less surprised if they ended up like 3-9.

We are going to smoke them on Friday night.

I expect a close game throughout but they’re definitely projected to win 7 games at most based on the current odds. 10 or 11 wins would make Mack COY.

Plenty of bulletin board material for Clawson between this and the "we want Clemson" chant in Kenan on Saturday night.

Are the "Fighting Mack Browns" for real? Young quarterback, two big wins, a head coach in Year 1... Should the ACC start paying more attention to North Carolina?

In a word: Yes. True freshman quarterback Sam Howell . . . In his first two games—wins over South Carolina and Miami—he’s thrown for 519 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions. Now, he’s got two tune-up games against Wake Forest and Appalachian State before No. 1 Clemson comes to town on Sep. 28.
Say North Carolina loses to Clemson. . . UNC only plays one other team that’s currently ranked, No. 25 Virginia . . . on Nov. 2. Having Mack Brown, an experienced head coach, could help the Tar Heels run the table, too. . . .If Howell continues to play steady, mistake-free football, I could see North Carolina going 10–2, 11–1, and earning a re-match against Clemson in the ACC Championship Game.

If my Aunt had balls she's be my Uncle.

Reactions: DG3

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they go 0-2 in those "tune up" games.

I expect a close game throughout but they’re definitely projected to win 7 games at most based on the current odds. 10 or 11 wins would make Mack COY.

Nope... Blowout.

Too many TDs from our offense... Too many FGs from theirs. They have played 2 shitty offenses... The tempo is going to make a huge difference. My only concern is a shootout, but I think the defense will be good enough when it counts.

Call it 35-16.

Then UNC loses to App St and Clemson, as well.

Nope... Blowout.

Too many TDs from our offense... Too many FGs from theirs. They have played 2 shitty offenses... The tempo is going to make a huge difference. My only concern is a shootout, but I think the defense will be good enough when it counts.

Call it 35-16.

Then UNC loses to App St and Clemson, as well.

So you're loading up on Deacs -2.5/3 then, I assume?

Back