• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Father was hanged by the Allies, now he's laughing at me

vadimivich

Reaction score
"I often look at the photo of my father's death. How he is lying down after his execution with his neck broken. And now he is laughing at me, because his silence has been ended - by the AfD"

https://www.spiegel.de/plus/sohn-ei...-vater-a-00000000-0002-0001-0000-000165813287

Hans Frank's son with an unbelievably powerful piece on the rhetoric of the Alternative für Deutschland party (right wing populist party in Germany), and much is applicable to what you hear from nationalistic, right wing populist governments around the globe in the current climate.

Just a remarkable piece of commentary and journalism. It's only available in German, but Google Translate seems to do a pretty good job with it.

Took me a while to figure out I had to go do desktop to successfully use Google Translate (browser based, not the app).

Anyhow, yep, poignant piece.

Back