• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post-9/11 Bullshit You May Have Forgotten

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
This is an amazing Twitter thread recapping some of the big stories of the Bush administration, American media, and Democrats post-9/11. I had forgotten so much of this stuff. It's worth following the whole thread. There's even a tweet from Monica Lewinsky.

Remember the do-not-play list they sent a bunch of radio stations? Here's a good song about it:

In that thread, there's links to lists of banned songs along with TV shows and movies in which the World Trade Center was edited out.

In that thread, there's links to lists of banned songs along with TV shows and movies in which the World Trade Center was edited out.

Spider-Man

Yeah. The Spider-man teaser trailer was the first thing mentioned.

Interesting to consider, but I think it's confusing and not largely accurate to use the term "ban" in describing the effort (self imposed, not government imposed) on the part of corporations to discourage playing possibly offensive stuff.

A debatable effort, sure.

I was in Georgia for a week during the run-up/beginning of the Iraq war. Definitely remember multiple "BOYCOTT FRANCE" billboards, and restaurant proclaiming "We support our troops; we have no French wines".

Random memory I have-in a bowl game, Texas Tech got two 15-yard penalties for one endzone celebration because it disrespected The Troops. I think I remember that right?

Wake campus version: Anyone else remember the college republicans printing flyers that read "Viva Bush! (Amazingly, there is a use for French)"?

Wake campus version: Anyone else remember the college republicans printing flyers that read "Viva Bush! (Amazingly, there is a use for French)"?

I remember that and that is was later pointed out to them in the Old Gold & Black that vive is French, viva is Spanish.

Back