• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

K Walker needs to get the most touches of our RBs...

cbs in the slot is an interesting idea.

walker looks like a special runner though.

He was used in the slot frequently in HS and it was very successful.

Give him space and he’s a freak.

He was used in the slot frequently in HS and it was very successful.

Give him space and he’s a freak.

i mean let’s also be realistic. cbs has averaged under 3.5 ypc in each game this year which is pretty much what we saw from him last year as well.

i mean let’s also be realistic. cbs has averaged under 3.5 ypc in each game this year which is pretty much what we saw from him last year as well.

Much of that wasn’t in space. He’s a pass catching RB or a maybe slot.

So what you're saying is if he's wide open he gains more yards.

CBS won the game last night with a great 1st down run

jamie Newsom won the game last night with that 3rd down scramble and the the 25 yard strike to Scotty Washington on the last drive. Take away either one of those plays and we were gonna lose.

Wake Coaches deserve an F for their horrendous coaching in the 2nd half. Bad coaching, bad play calling, and overall terrible clock management. Glad Wake clung to the lead and held on for the win.

I'm cool with that. Problem is Cade has missed two games and somebody has to run the ball between the tackles.

I'm cool with that. Problem is Cade has missed two games and somebody has to run the ball between the tackles.

I think that’s why we saw more designed runs for Jamie this week than we have before. He was our primary between the tackles runner.

I think that’s why we saw more designed runs for Jamie this week than we have before. He was our primary between the tackles runner.

It’s becoming more and more apparent that those between the tackles RBs is what we tend to recruit, CBS appears to be an anomaly. Carney, Colburn, Flowers, Walker, and Marshall are those between the tackles kind of backs.

Walker should be returning punts.

Probably better to not put too many responsibilities on the true freshman too soon. Let him get comfortable as a running back before putting more on his plate.

This thread would probably be better served as just as Kenneth Walker III appreciation thread. You love to hear the coaches talking up players in camp/practice and they were doing that all summer with Walker. Also speaks to talent eval as Walker was like...a Kent State flip?

This thread would probably be better served as just as Kenneth Walker III appreciation thread. You love to hear the coaches talking up players in camp/practice and they were doing that all summer with Walker. Also speaks to talent eval as Walker was like...a Kent State flip?

Excellent point as intent was not to belittle CBS as any other year he is our best breakaway back, but K Walker is just special....

You can go back to his high school footage and see Walker make Barry Sanders-ish type cuts. I'm still hoping our trio of Carney, CBS, and Walker can turn out like the NY Giants Earth, Wind, and Fire trio of Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Derrick Ward. Carney can be Earth, CBS is Wind, and Walker is Fire.

CBS seems like he'd be a good 3rd down back but with the no-huddle hard to make that work. Walker did look pretty good blocking as part of the RPO, helped spring at least a couple good Newman runs.

Clawson has said over and over that walker is great w the ball, not so much without. So he knows what he needs to work on for sure.

Back